Assistant Program Manager - U.S. Disaster Relief
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse (SP) has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
Position supports North American Ministries’ disaster relief response in the field; maintains a "ready to deploy" status while not on active deployment; and supports implementation of plans designed to further the ministry of the Samaritan’s Purse Disaster Relief Program. Primary areas of support include: recruitment and development of volunteer teams; volunteer training and shepherding; recruitment of participant churches; and participation in response to disasters in the field. Position requires frequent travel both within and outside of the region.
- Supports the Vice President of North American Ministries by leading deployments in response to natural disasters across the United States.
- Assists the Program Manager of U.S. Disaster Relief in developing church relationships and implementing a volunteer training plan, and training volunteers.
- During active deployments, supports the Program Manager in serving as Incident Commander in the ICS model of emergency response.
- Works to establish communication with Government Agencies and other Relief Organizations.
- Represents the ministry at conferences and speaking engagements as requested.
- While on response, oversees designated aspects of the deployment in direction of key volunteers, other staff, and chaplains with the BGEA Rapid Response Team. Requires hands-on leadership with teams in the field.
- Ensures safety/training procedures are being carried out.
- Provides procurement and logistical support for deployments.
- Maintains accurate listings and placement of all assigned Samaritan’s Purse U. S. Disaster Relief field inventory.
- Assists with financial transactions: prepare daily/monthly report of activities; hold/attend regular weekly staff meetings.
- Takes the initiative in assessment activities when disaster strikes.
- Assists the Program Manager to set up programs, work with identified church partners, interact with the local emergency management officials, organize, train, and direct volunteers.
- In the event of a larger response, will carry out other key roles as requested, such as Volunteer Coordinator, Office Manager, Team Leader, etc. as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
A current CDL (Commercial Drivers License) (Minimum Class B working toward Class A), and a valid Department of Transportation Medical Card are also required.
Location: North Wilkesboro NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick/personal leave
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9489