Assistant Manager, International Logistics
Samaritan’s Purse (SP) is looking for an intrinsically motivated, detail-oriented individual to serve as the Assistant Manager, International Logistics, Operation Christmas Child (OCC). This individual will provide managerial support and logistics expertise to effectively facilitate shipments of Operation Christmas Child gift boxes and ministry materials from eight (8) domestic processing centers to over one hundred-ten (110) countries. This individual needs to be teachable and flexible, but demonstrate the maturity of a well-balanced leader. The Assistant Manager will work with leadership to drive change management of export processes and country-specific importation procedures.
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
*This position is based in Charlotte, NC
- Manage shipments of assigned regions through the development of complex multi-site loading plans, execution and/or oversight of shipping instructions to freight forwarders, taking appropriate actions to expedite movement, facilitate tax exoneration and clearance of shipments; including process analysis, problem-solving and reporting.
- Maintain Country Profiles for assigned regions to apprise regional leadership (Directors and Managers) with logistics updates; communicating the readiness of our international volunteers leadership teams and consignees, risk assessment, and delays in the importation process.
- Build relationships across departments, along with over one hundred-ten (110) international volunteer leadership teams and consignees, to manage four to ten (4-10) high visibility shipments (annually), and Samaritan’s Purse DC-8 shipments.
- Equip and improve the level of excellence in logistics among our international volunteers and consignees, through training, coaching and the use of volunteer management methodologies (High Impact). Be a training resource for three (3) Logistics Specialists.
- Provide on-site leadership at targeted processing centers to manage seasonal shipping operations, including building daily load schedules, reconciling inventory, overseeing shipping managers and loading crews and monitoring outbound ocean shipments.
- Organize and ensure consistency of departmental initiatives, and develop procedures for data analysis using a combination of technology resources - Tableau, Excel, and internal data base (IMS).
- Provide analysis and drive improvement of key performance indicators for both origin and destination key logistics partners - freight forwarders, ocean carriers, truck lines, international volunteer leadership teams, consignees, clearing agents, etc.
- Maintain and track accurate records of inventory, both domestically (warehouses) and internationally (staging/transshipment points); coordinate timely export of inventory.
- Support budget analysis including annual ocean freight bid and Secondary Delivery Site (SDS) quote review to achieve cost-containment and/or savings for continual stewardship of ministry resources.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotion and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be a consistent witness for Christ.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; and five to seven (5-7) years of international ocean freight transportation related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of international importation, including freight forwarding and customs broker industry
- Ability to communicate with local and international logistics partners
- Experience with ocean carrier contracts and terms of service, preferred
- Working knowledge of customs regulations (domestic and international), preferred
- This position requires 30-55 days of travel per year, both international and domestic
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies required
This position indirectly supervises international volunteers and provides leadership and influence to Logistics Specialists, Logistics Coordinators serving on the international volunteer leadership teams (National Leadership Team - NLT), and International Field Representatives (IFRs).
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten vacation days
- Ten sick/personal days
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10350