Assistant Director, World Medical Mission
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. World Medical Mission works in partnership with Samaritan’s Purse and we are searching for an Assistant Director of World Medical Mission.
The Assistant Director will assist the Director of World Medical Mission (WMM) in administration, staff relations, staff development, public relations, donor relations, financial development, and organizational planning. We are searching for a doctor (MD or DO) that has experience in providing administrative oversight for medical services. This position provides direct oversight of doctor recruitment, post resident programming, and hospital constituency development on a day to day basis. While the Director promotes and instills vision, the Assistant Director promotes implementation of the vision.
- Assist with development of strategic plans for development of WMM programs that include assessment and improvement of existing hospital programs and development/expansion of hospital network partnerships.
- Provide oversight of the Post Residency Program, ensure alignment with WMM strategic plans and leadership goals.
- Oversee the recruitment and placement of physicians/families to meet medical mission needs and liaise with the respective mission boards and project areas; oversee recruitment of doctors to meet the needs of special projects.
- Recommend solutions in dealing with difficult situations that may arise with leadership of the mission hospitals. Respond to difficult and specialized inquiries regarding the medical ministry.
- Complete statistical analysis and complete reporting as needed. Ensure financial reports are reviewed monthly and negative balances are addressed and collected. Work with Internal Auditor and implement recommended changes and updates as required.
- Serve as member of the senior management team under Vice President of Programs and Government Relations; represent WMM at meetings of the World Medical Mission Committee; participate in annual Post-Resident interviews as member of decision-making team; assist in planning and preparing for PFR (Prescription for Renewal) WMM annual conference, etc.
- Ensure WMM Policy and Procedure Manual is reviewed and updated as necessary and reflects the actual responsibilities of departments within WMM. Work with Communications Department to ensure accurate and up-to-date WMM brochures and materials.
Frequent international travel required
We ask that you bring:
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strong Communication, Collaboration and Negotiation Skills
- Personal Effectiveness and Credibility
- Continuous Improvement (processes, technology, productivity)
- Bachelor's Degree required including five (5) to seven (7) years’ related experience and/or training; MD or DO preferred.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Just some of what you receive:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please include a strong cover letter detailing why you qualify for this position and be sure to attach your resume.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8243