Assistant Director, Organizational Initiatives
Operation Christmas Child, a program of Samaritan’s Purse, partners with local believers and churches in over 100 countries to share the powerful message of the Gospel through a simple shoebox gift. Our desire is to continue to grow this exciting, life changing ministry so more children around the world are impacted by the Gospel. We accomplish shoebox gift growth through the development of leader volunteers in the US who lead local volunteer teams promoting and growing the ministry of Operation Christmas Child in their communities.
We are seeking an Assistant Director, Organizational Initiatives. Are you a proven, project management leader with ability to take a project from concept to completion? You will support Samaritan’s Purse and Operation Christmas Child leadership to provide internal focus and momentum to overarching, programmatic matters that impact the current and future health of the global program. Do you have previous experience managing and leading others to adopt a vision and internalize concepts? You will also provide project management expertise to bring about resolution of each challenge/opportunity in a timely manner, and serve as a leader in all strategic organizational initiatives for Operation Christmas Child both at our International Headquarters and our Affiliate Offices, globally. We are seeking a professional with proven experience in solving problems and leading a team and/or project to success. This position requires someone who can manage the details, but also keep initiatives moving forward.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Identifies, implements and manages new strategic short and long-term initiatives and opportunities for Domestic Samaritan's Purse/Operation Christmas Child at International Headquarters in support of Director and Senior Management.
- Successfully delivers, while working collaboratively with others, current solutions to organizational challenges (apart from annual shoe box gift generation) impacting Samaritan's Purse/Operation Christmas Child, as well as, Samaritan's Purse as a whole.
- Directs existing key strategic initiatives, tracks their impact on ministry growth, and communicates timely analysis, status updates and relevant feedback to all affected areas regarding progress of ministry initiatives at International Headquarters.
- Leads, analyzes, maps, and manages processes for Operation Christmas Child Domestic IT initiatives including job submissions, project status meetings, and reporting.
- Researches, proposes, and directs the "Follow Your Box" initiative with multiple departments to facilitate successful annual implementation and growth including the continued development of pre-printed labels.
- Oversees donor and volunteer fundraising development and communication. Works in compliance with Samaritan's Purse policy and Legal.
- Represents Operational Christmas Child in weekly Samaritan’s Purse Campaign & Production meetings to ensure organizational initiatives are clearly conveyed to all other represented departments and monitors communication and progress.
- Supports Director in analysis of existing processes within Operational Christmas Child and inter-departmentally recommends ways to streamline processes to ensure project, program, and ministry nimbleness and growth.
- Assists Director with the alignment of Operation Christmas Child Domestic practices with Affiliate Offices and Partner Ministries. Researches IT needs and recommends systems improvements to ensure Affiliate Offices success.
- Supports Team Distributions Manager as needed to lead Vision trips.
- Some domestic and international travel required (40-50 days/year)
- 7-10 years related experience and/or training in project management with the ability to conduct research, analyze data and write proposals; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university
Some of the perks:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please make sure to include a detailed cover letter explaining why you feel you are qualified for this position specifically. We look forward to speaking to you!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9583-1