Assistant Director, Operation Christmas Child Brand Development
We are searching for a strong marketing leader with a proven track-record! Are you ready for a career that has impact on reaching children around the world with the Gospel? Come be our next Assistant Director, OCC Brand Development! You will be responsible for the continued development of the brand of Operation Christmas Child; leading integrated marketing strategy and initiatives to grow grassroots funding and participation in OCC.
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
** This position requires frequent international and domestic travel**
What you will be doing:
- Oversee integrated marketing strategies for Operation Christmas Child (OCC) to include annual campaigns for short-term and year-round, volunteer recruitment, The Greatest Journey, and shoebox gift generation through email, advertising, mailings, social media, and other forms of digital marketing.
- Lead the Marketing Strategy team in tracking digital promotional activity, creating campaign reports, and regular review of website analytics to inform marketing decisions and analyze ROI. Oversee the Brand and Production team and the leadership of over 1,000 job starts annually for OCC with Communications and Broadcast; leads concept meetings; reviews all routes; represents OCC in weekly SP Production meetings and collaborates with SP departments on development and fulfillment of jobs.
- Manage relationships with Broadcast and Communications on behalf of OCC.
- Responsible for overseeing the Correspondence team and Incident Management, directing promotional and responsive messaging for Operation Christmas Child. Work closely with SP Communication and Donor Ministries to utilize approved messaging for responses for social media and email inquiries. Lead Incident Management team in weekly meetings and follow procedures to quickly resolve and respond to issues. Leads development of annual OCC Communication Guide for staff and Connect volunteers.
- Lead the Digital Media and Content Managers in developing digital strategy through social media platforms and other digital channels to support annual initiatives to promote OCC.
- Consult with other OCC Domestic teams on annual promotional initiatives and leads the creation of print, digital, and messaging resources for these teams.
- Lead the development of technology to support initiatives, working to improve user experience; lead vendor services for OCC (Google Analytics 360, Hoot Suite, etc.)
- Develop, manage, and monitor annual budgets for Integrated Marketing, OCC Communications, and OCC Broadcast.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- Passion and calling to serve Samaritan’s Purse/OCC’s fan base.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- 8-10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to lead multi-departmental projects and initiatives.
- Experience working with Google Analytics or other data analysis tools strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience managing and supervising a team.
- 12 or more credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Location: Boone, NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10423