Assistant Director, Learning & Development
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for an Assistant Director, Learning & Development in our Human Resources Department.
This role is responsible for strategic direction, marketing and ministry-wide collaboration of organizational learning and employee development in support of Samaritan’s Purse mission and distinct objectives. This position also manages external educational partnerships in support of Samaritan’s Purse talent management strategy. Domestic and international travel required up to 5 days annually.
Description of Job duties:
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Lead a team accountable for overall planning, implementation, and effectiveness of professional development strategies and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the HR Management Team in assessing training and development opportunities, establishing realistic and measurable goals, and creating learning and development programs to meet those goals.
- Oversee organization-wide learning initiatives and programs to address leadership and employee development needs.
- Partner with departmental leadership to identify learning needs, analyze trends and to develop competency-based solutions.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with training professionals throughout Samaritan’s Purse.
- Recommend and implements programs that effectively influence organizational culture in alignment with our mission.
- Conduct training as required.
- Manage the annual performance management process by training managers and ensuring the merit plan process is administered with excellence throughout Samaritan’s Purse.
- Partner with managers to develop their team members through career pathing and succession planning. Maintain budgetary responsibility for Learning and Development.
- Develop and monitor spending against the departmental budget.
- Core Competencies: build strategic partnerships, build trust, collaboration, customer focus, results oriented, tenacity and adaptability.
- Master’s degree in education, organizational effectiveness or instructional design; plus five (5) to seven (7) years of instructional design/curriculum development and corporate training experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires expertise in project/program management; thorough understanding of adult learning techniques and working knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office products.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Directly supervises one supervisory employee and indirectly supervises two (2) non-supervisory employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9842-1