Assistant Director, IT International
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an Assistant Director of International IT, to support our Global IT initiatives here at Samaritan's Purse. This is an opportunity of great responsibility, this Assistant Director would provide senior management and oversight to the planning, design, development, and delivery of Information Technology (IT) projects to the international affiliate offices including guiding and directing software and hardware purchases utilized in each office. This position partners with peers at Samaritan’s Purse and Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) to develop and maintain alignment between International Headquarters (IHQ) and the affiliate offices and ensures IT projects of both organizations, including the affiliate offices, are compatible wherever business requirements favor such alignment. International travel will be required for this position to support multiple Global IT locations and initiates. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- 10+ years of experience working in Information Technology (IT) management, IT process management, IT projects management, or similar positions.
- Act as a liaison between IHQ Domestic Ministry Departments and Affiliate IT resources to ensure desired plans are viable, funded and able to be completed.
- Identify and maintain high level best practice protocol between IHQ and the affiliates.
- Provide senior management and oversight to the planning, design, development, and delivery of Information Technology (IT) projects to the international affiliate offices.
- Adhere to the COBIT international IT practice and governance framework.
- Adhere to ITIL processes as a part of our larger ITSM framework.
- Act as a technical intermediary between vendors and affiliate office staff during the evaluation of IT solutions.
- Oversee IT solutions, new product delivery and implementation for affiliates.
- Plan, prioritize, manage, and deliver multiple IT projects per year.
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Track progress and report status to executive management.
- Plan and direct the installation of software and hardware purchases and support.
- Ensure alignment between all offices where possible.Act as an advocate for affiliates in IHQ IT department meetings.
- Gain understanding of each affiliate market in order to identify opportunities to align and add global value to the integration of SP and affiliate office IT programs and services.
- Provide direct supervision to 2 employees, completing all tasks as a result of this additional responsibility.
- Assess affiliate office needs and demonstrate to leaders how technology can improve business processes and efficient performance.Evaluate existing equipment, propose alternative solutions.
- Engage in continual evaluation of software and processes, recommending changes as appropriate, and supervising installation.
- Lead implementation, support, programming and operations teams as needed.
- Direct all phases of design, development, installation, and operation of multiple networked software systems.
- International travel up to 40% annually.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Design and Implement Continuous Integration workflows for Infrastructure.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Highly Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Long term and short term disability insurance.
- Term Life insurance.
- Highly Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching).
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10735-2