Assistant Director, Domestic Operations
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
Operation Christmas Child, (OCC) a program of Samaritan’s Purse, partners with local believers and churches in over 125 countries to share the powerful message of the Gospel through a simple shoebox gift. We are currently seeking a strong candidate with experience in Operations, Logistics and Corporate Relations to serve with OCC as the Assistant Director, Domestics Operations. Position requires frequent travel. It includes, but is not limited to, frequent travel to advance ministry through nationally based relationships throughout the US, frequent OCC ministry events, national coordination meetings, as needed distribution trips and in some cases to serve a multi-week assignment at processing center city for the processing season.
What you will be doing:
- Provide leadership and accountability all staff in the Operations team. Manage staff including but not limited to 4 Domestic Managers, 2 Assistant Managers, 1 Specialist, 1 Coordinator, and additional support and associate staff. During the fall collection and processing season, manage those who are leading PC Management Teams, over 1,000 PC associates, and 150,000 short term volunteers serving at drop-off locations and Processing Centers.
- Manage budgets for each ministry area of more than ten million dollars, insuring that ministry funds and resources are used with integrity and within ministry policies and procedures.
- Lead the processing of all shoebox gifts in the US. This includes the securing, set-up and operation, and tear down of all Processing Centers. Insure that each PC is successfully staffed with PC Management Teams, Associates and volunteers, creating an environment that meets SP ministry standards and facilitates increased engagement of these constituents with the ministry. This also includes managing relationships with other SP departments related to processing such as Internal Audit, IS, HR, Legal, Finance, Security, Facilities, OCC International and others as needed.
- Lead the growth, development and maintenance of the national shoebox collection network. This includes the development of an annual logistics plan, policies and procedures related to the collection, contracts with logistics partners (carriers), invoice management, and empowerment and training of regional staff and volunteers to manage the collection of shoebox gifts.
- Lead a comprehensive plan for solicitation of Corporate Gifts in Kind for Operation Christmas Child. This includes building relationship with partners as need, and deepening systems and protocols for inventory, plus tracking and reporting of all corporate gifts.
- Serve with OCC senior leadership to set annual initiatives, review and provide input on new SP policy, and develop and implement new ministry strategies to grow shoebox gifts within OCC US. This may include working alongside affiliate offices to support the growth of OCC internationally as deemed necessary.
- Continually research, develop and implement process improvements that will increase efficiency and effectiveness of the ministry. This includes technology enhancements as well as processing center expansions as needed.
- Further develop and deepen volunteer trainings, activities and opportunities for those serving through the national collection network and processing centers. This includes insuring that these short term volunteers not only serve the ministry within ministry guidelines, but also are challenged to deepen their partnership with Samaritan’s Purse.
- Provide leadership and development of all policy, procedure and protocol regarding OCC Domestic Operations. This includes items such as the development of the PC Manual, GIK reporting, facility usage and inventory control.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public
1. Heart to serve and a calling to the Operation Christmas Child ministry.
2. Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
3. Previous supervisory experience
4. Organized with the ability to function in a fast paced environment.
5. Master’s degree or equivalent
6. Five to ten years of related experience
7. Twelve credit hours of biblical studies strongly preferred
Just some of the perks:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11021