Area Coordinator (North North Kivu)
Samaritan’s Purse is looking for an Area Coordinator for our office in Beni, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). We have the opportunity to serve the Congolese people by bringing them physical aid, but most importantly, spiritual aid through sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. Be a part of leading our team to meet the physical and spiritual needs of the people we serve in the Beni area.
Description of Job duties:
- Coordinate all programs & support-related personnel in the geographic area assigned in close communication with Country Director (CD).
- Provide overall leadership for all SP personnel in the Area Office and bases.
- Develop and ensure a healthy and effective work environment, where all staff can grow spiritually & professionally, and are empowered to perform to the best of their ability.
- In coordination with Deputy Country Director (DCD), provide broad oversight for all operational aspects in support of ongoing projects:
- Guide & coordinate with base, fleet and technology supervisors.
- Guide & coordinate Supply Chain activity in coordination with Supply Chain Dept.
- Guide & develop Security protocols in coordination with Security Dept.
- In coordination with Senior Program Manager (SPM), support Program Managers by helping address programmatic challenges, by coordinating & optimizing operational support, and by empowering staff responsible for monitoring and evaluation.
- Guide & coordinate Human Resources in coordination with HR Dept.
- Guide, coordinate and promote Ministry activity in coordination with Ministry Dept.
- Support Finance Department staff and participate in strategic financial procedures, including budget monitoring & development.
- Represent SP in Community Relations and cultivate productive relationships through networking with government, local churches, UN and other NGOs.
- Collaborate with CD, DCD, SPM and Program Development Officer (PDO) in development of strategic planning.
- Seek out programming & funding opportunities & resources to address Area needs, and assist SPM and PDO in project design and proposal development.
- Guide efforts to optimize efficiencies, minimize fraud and reduce risks in all Area activities.
- In coordination with CD, provide HR support to SP expatriates and participate in recruitment process.
- Discern, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 - 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working overseas, particularly in Africa or DRC.
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in French
- Field level management experience.
- Strong organizational and cross cultural communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experienced in cross-cultural team leadership including managing multiple programs and large diverse teams.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Understanding of local culture is essential.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field and willingness to stay in the field for extended periods.
- Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle in rough road and extremely muddy conditions.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is accompanied but unable to accommodate children.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9225