Application Developer (Security)
Want to learn more about a new emerging field that blends the expertise of Application Development and Cybersecurity? Unsure if you are qualified for both? For this job, industry leading training will be provided!
Who Are We:
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have a challenging new opportunity for an experienced Application Developer to help bridge the gap between our internal Application Development and Cybersecurity teams here at Samaritan's Purse! This is a lead role that requires a driven, knowledgeable Application Developer wanting to join a growing and forward thinking Christian IT team. Because this role will have a tremendous impact on the security of applications developed for the ministry, the ideal candidate should have a leadership mentality, who has a background in Application Development or Application Security with a passion to learn the newest security and automation technologies, while applying Industry standard practices. If you are searching for more than just a job, but a Career with a lasting impact, come join our team!
Desired 2-3 years or more of Application or Software Development experience in a Windows/Linux/Unix environment.
Solid understanding of Web API's (RESTful, SOAP or other) for existing Web Applications.
Manages all application security projects and initiatives as they arise.
Desired experience securing the front and back-end code of various applications utilizing C#, .Net, .Net Core, Python or Angular development languages.
Acts as a liaison between the application developers and cybersecurity teams; to assist the cybersecurity team in understanding the security of application development and implementing Dev/Sec/Ops processes.
Research new technologies, frameworks, and emerging best practices in development and application security.
We Will Train You To:
Learn and Integrate manual and automated static/dynamic code analysis and tools for securing applications in the software development life-cycle (SDLC).
Help improve code security and report/remediate vulnerabilities prior to an application being deployed into production.
Help educate the application development teams by creating training and recommending courses on the topics of secure coding best practices.
Help educate the application development teams on OWASP Top 10 web vulnerabilities, proper incident response, and remediating discovered vulnerabilities from scans and penetration tests.
Start building industry standard cybersecurity processes into existing development and CI/CD pipeline practices.
Gain understanding of our frameworks and compliance requirements with OWASP, CIS Critical Controls, NIST Cyber Security Framework, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, third party pen test/risk assessments, and other yearly audit requirements.
Help manage the entire Application Security testing program and assist the cybersecurity team in all security automation and integration responsibilities at Samaritan’s Purse.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with Samaritan’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Extremely Competitive Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision insurance
- Extremely high 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Reference #: 10014