Alumni Program Manager
We are hiring! We are seeking an Alumni Program Manager. Are you a strategic thinker with ability to communicate and influence others to join you on a successful project? This opportunity allows you to lead and develop efforts to increase intern alumni engagement within our organization, with special emphasis on seeing intern alumni hired into full-time employment positions and connected to volunteer opportunities. Successful candidates will have experience in Human Resources, recruitment, or campus/student related management. Don’t miss this opportunity to serve!
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Lead all Alumni Relations efforts and implement a broad intern alumni relations strategy for our organization.
- Advocate for top-performing intern alumni to be considered and hired for full-time employment.
- Work with our internal recruitment team to ensure high visibility and consideration of relevant, qualified intern alumni within hiring process, and apprentice program.
- Lead the year-round, ministry-wide placement of intern alumni into apprentice program.
- Coordinate with Campus Relations team to identify relevant, qualified candidates.
- Build and strengthen systems to assure quality intern alumni experience within the hiring process.
- Simplify hiring process for intern alumni, lowering barrier to entry wherever possible.
- Create avenues of communication with intern alumni pool, ensuring high awareness of current employment openings and volunteer opportunities with ministry.
- Build and maintain accurate data systems and hiring metrics to track extent of intern alumni conversion into full-time employment.
- Support and assist the Campus Relations Team at special events as needed.
- Lead alumni branding/social media/advertising strategy using various advertising channels and social media outlets such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and blogs.
- May require infrequent international and domestic travel, up to 10% annually.
We ask that you bring:
- Ability to balance strategic (big picture) thinking with tactical application (detailed oriented and execution focused) and drive strategy and achieve results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to establish relationships with all levels of an organization.
- Technically proficient with IT systems, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, reports, internet navigation & research.
- Experience using applicant tracking system preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, internal/external customer focus with the ability to translate data to insight.
- Results oriented self-starter, and motivated professional.
- Strong influence, relationship management & engagement skills.
- Detailed-oriented with a high degree of organizational skills.
- Comfortable with high volume workload and "roll up your sleeves" attitude.
- Solutions focused and comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Proven ability to cultivate strong partnerships, interface, communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
What you receive:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Reference #: 9667