Advisor, International Disaster Response Unit
Are you a leader who can take initiative and who enjoys contributing to a dynamic and fast-paced team? Based at our International Headquarters in Boone, North Carolina, Samaritan’s Purse is searching for an Advisor, International Disaster Response Unit to serve with our team.
The International Disaster Response Unit (IDRU) stands ready to respond at a moment’s notice whenever and wherever disaster strikes around the world. This position will directly support the Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) and the Incident Management Team (IMT) system by developing disaster response capacity, designing preparedness and response tools, and assisting in international disaster responses. Day to day responsibilities could include creating manuals that outline the best practices in disaster response, establishing SP protocols and standards for disaster response, developing and implementing disaster simulations, liaising with strategic disaster response partners, and developing disaster preparedness and response tools to strengthen the DART/IMT system. If you are looking for a Career with Impact, we invite you to apply today!
This position will travel up to 25% of the year.
* Create, maintain, and document process improvement initiatives for the disaster response life cycle and make operational recommendations that improve quality and increases productivity in support of the DART and IMT structures.
* Oversee and implement improvements of Standard Operating Procedures and deployment frameworks in partnership with the IDRU.
* Lead presentations and write reports on best practices and lessons learned after a response.
* Coordinate and co-facilitate US, international, and affiliate-based trainings (DART / Medical-DART / Leadership / Sector-specific).
* Develop US and International-based trainings for current DART members and provide adjustments or updates to training curriculum.
* Provide technical and logistical support for the readiness of the IDRU.
* Contribute to the disaster response manuals outlining best practices and establish SP protocols and standards for common disaster and sector-specific responses such as shelter, food/NFI distributions, medical, WASH etc.
* Readiness to be a first responder on an international response.
* Provide on-the-job training, support, and technical guidance for DART programs and operations during deployments.
* Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum one to two years’ prior international field experience, preferred.
* Knowledge and demonstrated work experience in process mapping, root cause analysis, Lean Six-Sigma and/or Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle preferred
* Demonstrated management capability and experience in a low resource or crisis setting
* Capability with program management, in collaboration with government and non-government donors
* Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
* Career with impact!
* Daily staff devotions and prayer time
* Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
* 401(k) retirement savings plan
* Ten paid holidays
* Twelve or more days of vacation depending on years of service
* Ten sick/personal days
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Long term and short term disability insurance
* Term Life insurance
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)