Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
We have an opportunity for an Administrative Coordinator to join our International Projects Department. The person hired in this role will support the Deputy Director(s) of International Projects in all administrative functions, including reviewing all paperwork for approvals and serving as departmental liaison for the Deputy Directors.
- Thoroughly vet program proposals, contracts, expense reports, invoices, and other items that come to Deputy Director for review and facilitate approval process and appropriate routing. This includes checking for accuracy, required documentation, and adherence to SP policy.
- Create pre-trip authorizations, book travel, and submit expense reports for Deputy Director and his team, as needed. Use department purchasing card for travel or supplies as directed, fill out corresponding p-card receipt, and secure necessary approvals.
- Coordinate the Deputy Director’s schedule and make appointments, including arranging meetings, preparing agendas, reserving and preparing facilities, and organizing visitors’ itineraries.
- Answer, screen, and handle the Deputy Director’s telephone calls, arrange conference calls, and review and handle e-mails appropriately.
- Assist with conference call and meeting setup, take meeting notes, and distribute to appropriate parties as assigned.
- Inform the Deputy Directors of pending issues and pertinent correspondence, especially while traveling. Handle issues and follow-up, as directed, in appropriate and timely manner.
- Support Deputy Directors, International Director, and/or Vice President, as needed, and when other Admin. Coordinators are out of office.
- Maintain accurate contact information for all Samaritan’s Purse International Field Offices and Affiliate Offices.
- Serve as departmental liaison for Deputy Directors by routinely interacting with Projects Department staff and other departments on behalf of the Deputy Directors regarding meetings, schedules, project information, and travel.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all major Samaritan’s Purse projects to be able to respond to general and specific inquiries regarding SP project-related information via telephone, e-mail, written correspondence, and reports.
- Complete any special projects or requests for the Deputy Directors, International Director, or Vice President, as needed.
- Assist Deputy Director with staffing duties by reviewing and presenting applications for employment, tracking travel and attendance schedules, and providing reports, as needed.
- Review, edit, and distribute monthly Executive Reports and Monthly Issues Reports, as needed.
- Compose letters on behalf of Deputy Director, International Director, or Vice President, as requested, and transcribe dictation from notes or voice recordings.
- Work with Projects department and Campus Relations team to compile seasonal intern requests for international field offices and IHQ. Assist with intern orientation, projects, and events, as needed.
- Serve on the Incident Management Team for disaster responses, as assigned.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors, and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, beneficiaries, and the general public.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-Year College or technical school; and five to seven years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employees who work within the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9091