Administrative Coordinator to the Director of Operation Heal Our Patriots
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
Samaritans Purse is searching for a full time Administrative Coordinator to support the Director of Operation Heal Our Patriots (OHOP) at the International Headquarters of Samaritans Purse in Boone, NC. The person hired in this role will provide support in all administrative functions, including coordination of administrative issues within the department, compiling and editing of monthly reports, and serving as departmental liaison. This role requires a high level of professionalism, competency and proficiency in all aspects.
1. Assist the Director by handling administrative details of the program, problem solving both independently and cooperatively as issues arise, multi-tasking, and identifying priorities.
2. Coordinate administrative issues within the department (e.g., Expense Management, relationships and reports for Donor Ministries, special reports), ensuring that all involved.
3. Serve as team liaison for the Director by routinely interacting with OHOP staff and other departments on behalf of the Director regarding meetings, schedules, project information and travel.
4. Develop, maintain, and/or distribute reports as needed, review expense reports, travel authorization, invoices, printed materials and other reports routed for approval for completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of charges before presenting to the Director.
5. Assist with special projects related to OHOP staff, including issues such as housing, changes in policies for staff, travel, attendance, etc.
6. Prepare and submit expense reports for Director as well as other OHOP staff.
7. Compose letters, thank you notes, and some correspondence with special donors.
8. Maintain a working knowledge of all major Samaritan’s Purse projects to be able to respond to general and specified inquiries regarding SP project-related information by telephone, e-mail, written correspondence and reports.
9. Coordinate the Director’s schedule and make appointments, including arranging meetings, preparing agendas, reserving and preparing facilities, and organizing visitor’s itineraries.
10. Answer, screen, and handle the Director’s telephone calls, arrange conference calls, and review and handle e-mails appropriately.
11. Inform the Director of pending issues and pertinent correspondence, especially while (he is) traveling. Handle issues and follow-up as directed in appropriate and timely manner.
12. Maintain accurate contact information for OHOP team and related departments.
13. Coordinate and arrange travel for Director as well as other key OHOP staff
14. Direct support for the annual OHOP Reunion with specific responsibilities including preparation for staff as well as event speakers.
15. Assist with travel preparation and expense reporting for OHOP alumni in regards to the summer program, the OHOP Reunion, and FYMs.
16. Oversee administrative needs of Regional Chaplains.
Supervises workflow of administrative support team.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors’ degree (B.A.) desired. An associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school with five to seven years’ related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10406