Administrative Assistant, Operation Christmas Child International
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
If you are searching for a Career with Impact and enjoy a team atmosphere, come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for an Administrative Assistant, Operation Christmas Child (OCC) International providing administrative support to the Global Program teams within our Field Ministry and Discipleship area. This position will be responsible for managing travel arrangements, expense reports, staff calendars and training events, weekly reports, data entry requests and implementation of OCC International’s volunteer recognition program. Key skills required include proficiency in Microsoft operating systems and programs, excellence in verbal and written communication, the ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines as well as to work in a team environment.
- Serve as primary support to Senior Global Programs Manager and the Global Programs team by managing travel arrangements, expense reports, staff training events, weekly reports, data entry requests, Training & Resource Library updates, High Impact training registrations, and updates to training materials.
- Support the administrative staff serving the Field Ministry and Discipleship team as needed
- Manage updates to travel tracking software and team travel calendars for the Global Programs and Field Events teams. Research travel and provide data entry as needed.
- Assist the Senior Global Programs Manager with scheduling meetings, sending communications to OCC international staff, quarterly travel planning, and monthly reporting.
- In collaboration with Volunteer Relations staff, manage the implementation of OCC International’s volunteer recognition program. Assures appropriate distribution of all volunteer recognition materials to each international region. Gathers annual feedback from international regions to determine appropriate resources for volunteer recognition program.
- Assist with special projects requested by Field Ministry and Discipleship team leadership, including general support during conference and training seasons.
- Serve as support for general Field Ministry and Discipleship team administration. Provides general administrative support for the department such as answering phone inquiries, preparing new staff welcome packets, correspondence, making copies, faxing, and general materials preparation as needed.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
1. Heart to serve and a calling to the Operation Christmas Child ministry.
2. Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
3. Flexible, yet great with details.
4. Organized with the ability to function in a fast paced environment.
5. Associate Degree
6. At least 3 years’ experience working as an Administrative Assistant in a team setting.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10653