WASH Program Manager, Philippines
Be part of a dynamic team that has been implementing life changing projects in the hardest hit areas of the Philippines since Typhoon Haiyan struck the island nation in 2013. This work is vital to ensuring lasting development in our areas of impact, allowing families and communities to protect themselves against disease and allow access to clean water and safe latrines in schools, churches, homes, and businesses. The WASH Program Manager is responsible to develop and manage WASH interventions of Samaritan's Purse (SP) in their assigned area of the Philippines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage all WASH projects in the Philippines (or their assigned area in the Philippines).
- Manage and oversee the work of the WASH staff. Lead in the planning and managing of project budgets.
- Liaise with relevant government and donor representatives and ensure that implementation is coordinated with other SP projects, WASH programs of other Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), and government counterparts.
- Recruit, train, and supervise multiple local and international staff.
- Provide timely and accurate reports to their supervisor and/or draft project report to internal and external donors.
- Must be a self-directed worker with strong planning, organization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt project resource allocations and implementation strategy to Philippine context.
- Strong communication skills - English verbal and written.
- Networking and team building experience.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Quantitative analysis skills and experience.
- Cheerful, diplomatic, encourager, concern for the spiritual well-being of the team.
- Spiritual maturity; ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goal of sharing the gospel.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Proven management and leadership experience. Diplomacy, negotiating skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Water Engineering/Public Health or another relevant degree required;
- 2 to 3 years’ relevant WASH implementation and project management experience in developing countries; related work experience in disaster context.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
One-Year Contract (with renew option)
Accompanied, but unable to accommodate children.
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7915-1