Are you an experienced Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) professional with a longing to serve as the hands and feet of Christ on the front lines? Samaritan’s Purse (SP) is seeking a leading WASH Program Manager for our office in Greece, where we have answered the call to serve a robust and struggling refugee populace as they flee the horrors of their war-torn countries. Your expertise and compassion can help to bring a tangible representation of Christ’s love through the delivery of safe drinking water and hygiene to a people in need. Intrigued? Read on to see if you could be the one to answer the call!
The WASH Program Manager is responsible to manage and coordinate all water, sanitation, and hygiene activities for our current refugee response in Europe. This includes assessing the current water, sanitation, and hygiene gaps in the camps, and transit sites, as well as developing new programming opportunities. The WASH Program Manager may also be called upon to provide broader technical assistance in water and sanitation for Samaritan’s Purse in other parts of the response.
Description of Job Duties:
· Manage and oversee the work of the WatSan technicians, hygiene coordinator, trainers, and other WASH staff.
· Assist with project planning and development.
· Assist with planning of project budgets and ensure appropriate expenditure of budgets in respect with donor requirements.
· Supervise and monitor the implementation of the water and sanitation project.
· Ensure that all project reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Liaise with all internal and external counterparts of the project.
· Actively pursue contracts with local government officials and with NGO and UN representatives as needed.
· Ensure the WASH sector representation of SP through various coordination meetings and contacts with various partners.
· All other duties deemed necessary by the Team Lead and/or Area Coordinator
· Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
· Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
· Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
· Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
· Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith, and experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians.
· Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in a relevant field such as Civil or Environmental Engineering, Public Health, Hydrology, Geology, or International Development.
· One to two years overseas experience in managing and implementing programs.
· Proven ability to coordinate and manage staff, finances and project activities.
· Strong organizational and supervisory skills. Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Programs and have strong mathematical and reasoning abilities.
· Be a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
· Highly motivated; with a desire to work with local communities.
· Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
· Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure.
· Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to speak Arabic, preferred but not required.
12 month contract with potential for extension
This position is accompanied.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)