Are you an experienced Warehouse Manager with a knack for bringing order out of chaos? Join us as a Warehouse Manager at Samaritan’s Purse! The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for overall management and monitoring of all food commodities and storage facilities in the Yida and Ajuong Thok Refugee Camps. Your expertise and efforts will help to show the love of Christ to a desperate and struggling refugee population. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
This position will report to the Commodity Manager, working closely with both the logistics and food teams. This position will be based in Yida Refugee Camp, Unity State, South Sudan but will also oversee management of food warehouses in other refugee camps in Unity State that Samaritan’s Purse is the partner of World Food Program including Ajuong Thok Refugee Camp.
Description of Job duties:
- Responsible for daily, manual verification and stacking of all food commodities in each of the up to 40 food warehouses planned for Yida and up to 20 more at other new refugee sites. Be prepared to manage food warehousing for up to 100,000 refugees with prepositioning for 7 months of food every year.
- Oversee the management of all WFP food warehouses in Unity State that Samaritan’s Purse is responsible for and be prepared to travel and spend multiple days at the different sites away from permanent base in Yida.
- Responsible for compiling and submitting daily food stock reports to both Samaritan’s Purse and World Food Program. Responsible for all documentation and record keeping for both food and non-food items received, stored in and distributed from the food warehouses.
- Oversee all offloading and accountability of food coming into the warehouses (all food received by WFP trucks/planes/airdrops/helicopters and returns from food distributions) and all loading and accountability of food leaving the warehouses for distributions.
- Work collaboratively with the Commodity Manager in the set-up of distributions, including financial, logistical, personnel and on-site support where required.
- Directly manage the warehouse team in Yida and Ajuong Thok composed of security guards, tally clerks, cleaners and warehouse assistants. Oversee job description creation, payroll and scheduling for all warehouse staff.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a day/night security team and overall security system for all Samaritan’s Purse managed food warehouses in Unity State to ensure no food commodities or warehouse supplies (pallets, plastic sheet, fencing, etc) leave the warehouses without proper consent.
- Assist Food Program Manager in budgetary planning.
- Coordinate with World Food Program and Samaritan’s Purse Food Program Manager and Commodity Manager in projecting the food commodity needs for all Samaritan’s Purse food programs in Unity State.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the program team, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith, and experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of field experience in the management of a high volume warehouse or inventory distribution environment.
- Experience living and working overseas.
- Fluent spoken and written English required. Arabic language skills desirable, but not required.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is unaccompanied.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8309