Vehicle Fleet Administrator
Samaritan’s Purse mobilizes staff and equipment and enlists thousands of volunteers to provide emergency aid to victims of tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, floods and other natural disasters in the United States. You could serve others through the Vehicle Fleet Administrator position!
The Vehicle Fleet Administrator will assist with the administration and coordination of the organization’s fleet of motor vehicles, support compliance with government rules & regulations and manage databases and required paperwork in support of fleet maintenance as needed. The Vehicle Fleet Administrator will also own the development of the reports and analysis of fleet data from various sources to provide insight that improves fleet optimization.
- Assist in managing the databases of the current inventory of vehicles and equipment for the NAM ministry and field sites.
- Assist the Disaster Relief Team with compliance issues for SP commercial vehicles for the NC Department of Transportation (DOT), NC Department of Revenue (DOR) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), including preparation, mailing and filing of end of month trip sheets for all our commercial vehicles to Carolina’s Independent Trucking in Cherryville, NC for record keeping.
- Will perform the duties as the receptionist and administrative assistant for the US Disaster Relief Headquarters in North Wilkesboro to include but not limited to: handling telephone calls, e-mails, general correspondence, reports, faxes, copying and making travel arrangements as needed for the SP Disaster Relief Team.
- Support Fleet Service Manager and Fleet Mechanics; Manager, US Disaster Relief and team; the Manager, Recovery and Development and Rebuild Program Managers; with project related administrative and logistical duties.
- Update Disaster Relief shared folders with forms and spreadsheets needed during a disaster response.
- Provide logistical support services during times of disaster response.
- Help maintain vehicle safety and maintenance files by utilizing the Manager Plus software.
- Keep current records of Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) meetings and pay dues for all states where we have membership.
- Update Pre-Disaster Plan notebook as changes occur which includes Lighthouse Churches, Site Leadership Team, Directory of state VOAD’s.
- Provide backup for volunteer coordinators as needed.
- Provide backup assistance to Administrative Assistant to the Director of North American Ministries.
- Scan Work Orders, Volunteer Release Forms and other related documents from Disaster Relief Sites into Alchemy once site closes.
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communicator
- Personal Effectiveness & Integrity
- Exceptional Initiative
- Collaboration Skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) and one to two (2) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or training.
Location: North Wilkesboro NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8373-1