Staff Internal Auditor
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Staff Internal Auditor in our Internal Audit Department.
Description of Job duties:
- Work under the direction of the Director of Internal Audit to conduct/perform audits and reviews throughout Samaritan's Purse, to ascertain
- 1) the effectiveness and adequacy of Samaritan's Purse internal controls,
- 2) accuracy of financial records and standards of performance,
- 3) compliance with Samaritan's Purse established policies, and procedures,
- 4) compliance with laws, regulations, etc. that are applicable to Samaritan's Purse, and
- 5) measures taken to safeguard Samaritan's Purse assets
- Assist in establishing departmental policies and procedures for the Internal Audit Department. Perform and direct technical and administrative activities necessary for the Internal Audit Department.
- Assist in developing and executing a comprehensive audit plan. Use risk assessment to determine the level of detail and frequency of audits and reviews of the various functions and areas of Samaritan's Purse.
- Assist in conducting financial, operational and information technology audits and reviews of the various functions and areas of Samaritan's Purse in accordance with the approved audit plan. The purpose of each audit or review is to ascertain one or more of the five points noted above in the Summary section.
- Prepare written reports of audits and reviews for the Audit Committee, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Board Consultants, and appropriate management. Reports should summarize areas with positive results and recommended changes, as needed, in operations or policies and procedures to improve internal controls or increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review audit issues with management of the audited area and the VP of Finance/Chief Financial Officer to evaluate plans to implement corrective action. At a later date, as appropriate, follow-up on planned corrective action to determine the extent to which it was carried out.
- Assist in developing a recommendation for Samaritan's Purse’s area of Special Emphasis Review and coordinating work with management.
- Assist in reviewing the annual Conflict of Interest Policy and reporting to the Audit Committee, Chief Executive Officer, the VP of Corporate Affairs, and appropriate management. Review compliance with the Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Keep up-to-date on current trends and developments in accounting, internal audit, technology, etc. as appropriate through continuing education and monitoring financial and business publications.
- Assist in conducting special studies as requested by Samaritan's Purse’s Audit Committee, Chief Executive Officer, or Vice President of Corporate Affairs.
- Perform monthly review of internal financial statements prepared by Samaritan's Purse.
- Protect and maintain information acquired in the course of performing duties in a confidential manner. Information will only be disclosed with appropriate authority from the Chief Executive Officer.
- Monitor financial and business publications for news, upcoming events, etc. related to Samaritan's Purse.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Accounting, Business or Finance; Working towards - Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, and/or other relevant certifications preferred; minimum of one year experience in audit, three years’ experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have intermediate computer skills.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies or other accepted/certifiable Biblical programs strongly preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Standard office environment
- Travel (25-35% of the time), as described above
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7990-1