Social Media Manager
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Social Media Manager in our Quality Assurance Department.
Position researches ideas and generates proposed copy for daily social media and interactive communications on behalf of the President/CEO, contributing to overall efforts to communicate what God is doing through the ministry of Samaritan’s Purse.
Description of Job duties:
Implement social media posts. Fact check, research, and verify post content and details as needed 24/7.
Work with team to propose timely social media content ideas for Vice President and President to consider on a daily basis.
Manage advertising accounts on social media platforms. Develop proposals for most effective advertising efforts.
Supervise the Social Media Assistants in implementing and maintaining daily interactive social networking including archiving.
Work closely with Broadcast, Communications and other departments within Samaritan’s Purse and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association to obtain story material and social collateral including video and images for social media.
Coordinate with Samaritan’s Purse & Billy Graham Evangelistic Association Social Media Managers & departmental social media representatives to ensure effective, strategic collaboration.
Stay current on latest trends, technologies, tools, sites, applications, and analytics related to communicating through the web and social media.
Monitor and analyze social and interactive communications data to determine ROI in terms of traffic, reach, demand, and other quantitative and qualitative measures of effectiveness. Draw conclusions for future social media initiatives.
Stay informed about Samaritan’s Purse programs, projects, and activities, including Operation Christmas Child, Children’s Heart Project, U.S. Disaster Response, World Medical Mission, and Operation Heal Our Patriots.
Manage responses to comments as needed on social media platforms within set guidelines.
Directly supervises 2 non-supervisory employees.
Responsibilities include assisting with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Aligns with conservative stance in support of Biblical values
Possesses strong research and writing skills
Has proven work experience in all aspects of social media/networking
Handles multiple assignments and completes complex jobs under deadline pressure
Is able to travel domestically and internationally as required
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year College or university and three to five years’ experience in marketing and social media; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired Personal Traits:
The employee must be an energetic, creative, and hands-on in effective social media implementation.
Must support the views and Biblical stands of Samaritan's Purse and share a heart for promoting Gospel and God’s work through Samaritan’s Purse and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
A commitment to become an expert in social media.
Ability to handle multiple assignments and complete complex jobs under deadline pressure.
Ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
The employee must have strong communications skills, especially the ability to write clear, concise, compelling copy for publications.
Ability to proofread text and make corrections in spelling, grammar, punctuation, style, factual accuracy, etc.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Long term and short term disability insurance
Term Life insurance
401(k) retirement savings plan
Ten paid holidays
Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
Ten sick/personal days
Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7807-1