Senior Programs Manager
Are you an experienced humanitarian with a mind for strategy and a heart for people? Join us as a Senior Programs Manager at Samaritan’s Purse in Nepal! Your expertise and efforts will help to create an environment that is favorable for continued fiscal support from critical donor organizations. Continued funding leads to continued opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
The Senior Program Manager assists the Country Director in providing overall management for the Nepal field office with specific focus on programs. The incumbent will be responsible to assist the Country Director in activities that promote the success of in-country programs and staff development.
Description of Job duties:
- Direct line management of Program Managers, Program Development Officer and M&E manager. Conduct appraisals and encourage professional development for all direct reports. Maintain accurate and up-to-date HR and administrative records for all supervised staff and programs.
- Work with Executive Directors and senior management of local NGO’s to identify appropriate programming to meet current relief and development gaps.
- Responsible for coordination with local NGO’s and partners on a daily basis, providing oversight and management to grants awarded to local NGO’s.
- Maintain strong relationships with local NGO’s, government agencies and other stake holders in the community.
- Provide oversight and capacity building of local NGO’s that receive funding from SP Affiliate offices as necessary
- Work closely with direct reports to build capacity and improve programming through the development and maintenance of Monitoring and Evaluation systems.
- Work closely with direct reports to build capacity and improve the technical quality of programming encouraging the use of innovative and creative approaches for increased effectiveness.
- Ensure all programs are conducted in accordance with agreed work plans and budgets; maintaining adherence to SP, donor and statutory guidelines and policies.
- Work collaboratively with direct reports to develop and set up new projects in line with SP’s in-country strategy and available opportunities, liaising with IHQ technical staff where necessary.
- Assist the Country Director in ensuring all reporting to IHQ, SP Affiliate Offices, government and donors is timely, accurate, appropriate, and of the highest quality
- Assist the Country Director in strategic development of the country program.
- Provide professional representation of SP at meetings with government, donor and civil society partners, actively and strategically engaging with stake holders to increase support and publicity for SP Programming.
- Assist the Country Director in oversight of day to day operations, including hosting teams and visitors.
- Assist the Country Director in fostering spiritual support, encouragement and growth among all staff.
- Demonstrate exemplary Christian servant leadership in all aspects of work and relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by the Country Director.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith, and experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in International Development or related field preferred.
- Position requires previous experience working overseas.
- Extensive field humanitarian experience in a management role with ability to lead large cross cultural teams.
- Possess strong organizational skills, communication skills (written and verbal) and networking skills.
- Knowledge of project planning and implementation.
- Experience of financial and administrative coordination.
- Ability to adapt and operate for extended periods in austere conditions.
- Willingness to travel frequently and stay in the field for extended periods.
- Ability to coordinate activities with local involvement and establish working relationships with other NGOs.
- Fluent spoken and written English required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an accompanied assignment.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7933