Senior Programs Manager - Bolivia
Are you looking to utilize your leadership skills? Do you have proven experience with managing programs and projects? Do have a heart to share the Gospel through humanitarian aid? If so, this might be your chance to have a career with impact! We are searching for a Senior Programs Manager (SPM) for our La Paz, Bolivia field office.
The Senior Programs Manager (SPM) is responsible to assist the Country Director (CD) in providing overall leadership and direction for Samaritan’s Purse programs and projects in Bolivia. The SPM will also be responsible for supporting Program Managers (PMs) and Project Coordinators (PCs) in the implementation of all projects. Management responsibilities include staff development, government and donor relations, program design and implementation, reporting, budget management, daily field operations and staff support.
- Create and cast the vision and strategy along with the CD for Samaritan’s Purse in Bolivia.
- Supervise and conduct performance appraisals for PMs and PCs. This will include such tasks as recruitment and orientation of new staff; planning, assigning, and addressing complaints and resolving problems, in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager.
- Design new and continuing programs/projects, creating budgets and developing narrative proposals while working collaboratively with PMs, PCs, Monitor & Evaluation Officer, and Regional Program Development Officer.
- Prepare and submit monthly narrative and programmatic field reports to the CD.
- Provide professional representation for SP with government officials, dignitaries, other Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) and visitors, as requested.
- Ensure SP compliance with legal and cultural requirements.
- Monitor potential and present humanitarian emergencies and keep the CD informed of events, including potential programmatic response.
- Liaise with donors and potential partners in identifying and pursuing potential program and funding opportunities.
- Provide spiritual leadership and support as assigned by the CD.
- Other duties as assigned by the Country Director.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university and/or three to five years related international work experience is required.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Extensive field humanitarian experience in a management role with ability to lead large cross cultural teams.
- Possess strong organizational, communication (written and verbal), and networking skills.
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Knowledge of project planning and implementation.
- Experience of financial and administrative coordination.
- Willingness to travel frequently and stay in the field for extended periods.
- Ability to coordinate activities with local involvement and establish working relationships with other NGOs.
24-month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is able to accommodate a family.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8315