Senior Operations Manager
Samaritan’s Purse - South Sudan (SPSS) is Samaritan’s Purse’s largest field office, operating across 5 bases primarily in emergency relief to refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs). Through effective relief and development programming, we deliver physical aid to South Sudanese, but most importantly, we want to give people a total answer for their life, which only comes through Jesus Christ.
The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating all country office resources and support personnel for optimal operating capacity. Additionally, the Senior Operations Manager will provide strategic oversight and leadership to the country office in the areas of: Logistics, Procurement, Warehouse, Inventory, Information Technology, Juba Base Management, Juba Fleet and Administration.
Description of Job duties:
- Oversee Juba Base Compound and Juba Base Staff (maintenance physical plans, utilities contracts, base hosting services, and base budget)
- Oversee the management of the Juba Base Fleet, Drivers and Mechanics (maintenance plans, management and scheduling of staff, and government regulations)
- Supervise the management of the Juba warehouse and warehouse staff
- Manage and administer all aspects of countrywide ICT and staff
- Manage the procurement for all program and base supplies countrywide ensuring SP Procurement Policy is maintained throughout.
- Direct all aspects of Logistics, both ground and air for all program and base supplies countrywide from both within country and international procurement ensuring best practices are followed.
- Ensure accurate Asset Inventory System is maintained throughout the year through close oversight and twice yearly physical verification and submission to IHQ.
- Liaison with the Security department for base security upgrades as advised/recommended from Security Manager.
- Facilitate staff development and capacity building through the development and coordination of training programs, completion of yearly evaluation and goal setting, quarterly individual staff check-in meetings.
- Establish and maintain a harmonious working environment seeking to strengthen encourage and foster staff development and empowerment.
- Assist with the coordination of internal and external audit’s as they are scheduled
- Manage strategic relationships with customs clearance, NGO and military logistical personnel where applicable, merchants, vendors and other significant individuals.
- Oversee the creation, implementation and coordination of improved operational systems, processes and policies, in support of organization’s mission in all departments under your Supervision
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team, and provide support to the Country Office in ensuring information flows, advice and support on operations issues related to the Office
- Continually evaluate challenges as they arise utilizing creative problem solving skills to identify alternative cost effective solutions
- With a generous and serving spirit perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Be an ambassador of SPSS and ensure relationships with coordination bodies are strong and the profile of SP in such forums is positive and influential.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Advanced degree in business administration, public administration, logistics, supply chain management, communications or related field.
- One year of college level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- 5 years of proven relevant progressively responsible work experience in administration, operational management, finance, information technology and/or office- base management. Preferably with an INGO.
- Thorough knowledge of office administration, organizational management, logistics and supply chain management
- Experience in establishing systems and policies for asset management, real time inventory and procurement for multimillion dollar projects.
- Field experience and knowledge of the Region is a strong asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Advanced fluency in English
- Strong analytical and leadership skills; Strong writing and oral communication skills
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8461