Senior Operations Manager, Cambodia
Our mandate is to seek and serve those in physical need. What separates Samaritan's Purse from other organizations is that we also proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. We believe the Lord opens the door for the gospel in many situations, and we are able to reach the physical and spiritual needs of the people we serve.
The Senior Operations Manager supports the Country Director by providing overall management to Samaritan’s Purse activities in Cambodia, including administrative functions, financial management, security planning, HR development and training, logistics and procurement management, fleet management, quality and compliance, ICT, and maintaining strong partnership relations with the government and other partnering agencies.
The Senior Operations Manager will serve as part of the senior leadership team where they will contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance with all policies and that they are kept up-to-date.
- Manage and oversee the operations of the Procurement Department ensuring responsible compliance with the Samaritan’s Purse Procurement Manual and Field Operations Guide.
- Work with the Country Director and Deputy Country Director to personally and periodically verify that vendors are authentic, reputable, providing the ordered items and charging us fair market prices.
- Manager and oversee the administrative function of the organization.
- Develop monitoring plans and ensure Samaritan’s Purse staffs are above reproach in business conduct and not enriched from any business activity of, or by, Samaritan’s Purse.
- Manage inventory of assets and ensure compliance and reporting to the International Headquarters on a semi-annual basis.
- Develop guidelines to manage and oversee all aspects of Fleet Management to include, but not limited to:
- Ensure fleet maintenance and repair schedules are followed for all vehicles.
- Accurately track vehicle usage and mileage to ensure accountable allocation to appropriate budgets.
- Ensure insurance coverage is maintained on all four wheel vehicles.
- Track accident reporting and associated insurance claims and repairs.
- Develop a vehicle plan that meets the needs of the organization.
- Process paperwork for the disposal of all vehicles and ensure they are removed from inventory.
- Ensure proper registration of new vehicles with the appropriate Cambodian Government ministries.
- Develop and conduct driving training workshops.
- Serve as the security officer and work closely with the Regional Security Officer. Ensure compliance of all security policies and procedures for all bases.
- Oversee all ICT staff and operations for the Cambodian field office.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the leadership team.
- Assist the Country Director as needed and perform other duties as required.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- The Senior Operations Manager should possess a Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent; and/or training; or equivalent combination of education. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- At least two to four years’ related experience at a Senior Managerial level.
- S/he should maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be a consistent witness for Him.
One-Year Contract with potential for renewal, with full benefits including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
- Accompanied position; can accommodate children.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7891