Senior Applications Developer
Are you an experienced Senior Applications Developer with a heart for sharing the love of Christ? As an Applications Developer with Samaritan’s Purse, you will be responsible for migrating legacy applications and services to more modern application stack, removing dependencies on vendor-specific platform capabilities, and building new application services to meet dynamic ministry needs at our headquarters in Boone, North Carolina. Let God put your talents to use in a first-class organization with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
- Evaluate current application stack and make recommendations for improvements.
- Guide and collaborate with team of developers and designers to design, develop, test and support web, line-of business/desktop, and mobile applications.
- Implement a broad set of services (internal and external) and API's to power web and mobile applications.
- Optimize and scale applications and services.
- Translate UX/UI specifications and wireframes to web.
- Assist in development of continuous integration/continuous delivery strategy within development group.
- Work as part of a team of developers to develop applications for the web, line of business/desktop applications, mobile (iOS, Android, Barcode/POS).
- Contribute to documentation of API's and applications.
- Perform performance tuning and testing.
- Collaborate with team of other developers
- Ability to understand programming languages and patterns and no fear of tackling new languages, frameworks or technologies.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage large projects with minimal supervision
- Understands a variety of programming languages, patterns, workflows, and tools, such as:
- HTML/CSS/JS, PHP
- GIT, Node.js, Python, Docker
- NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- SQL: MySQL, SQL Server
- Proficiency in Linux
- Jenkins Hudson CI/CD
- Familiarity with .Net (c# specifically) or java
- Amazon Web Services
- Open Stack
- Web application security: OWASP, Authentication/Authorization, JWT, OAUTH/OPENID
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or related area of study preferred.
- Computer systems training certificate indicative of related training.
- Five years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies, strongly preferred.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7708-1