Senior Advisor Veterinary & Agriculture Projects
Are you a leader in addressing veterinary and agricultural needs globally? Do you feel a calling to address these needs around the world? Samaritan’s Purse provides the resources and training that allow families in impoverished, rural communities to feed their families and even obtain a modest income that can be used for education, medical care, or other needs through Animals and Agriculture. We are searching for an experienced Senior Advisor of Veterinary and Agricultural Projects that will lead this charge!
The qualified advisor will develop, support, and/or expand veterinary, livestock, agricultural and livelihoods related programs in SP field offices. This gifted communicator will provide technical guidance to veterinary and agricultural field staff, and ensure that these programs best serve the food and livelihood needs of target communities. The position will be based in Boone, but will travel as needed, to assess and support veterinary, livestock and agricultural projects in the field office countries as directed by the Deputy Director of Program Development. Position requires frequent travel.
Come and serve in the following:
- Work with the international field offices to build the capacity of the national staff veterinary and agricultural coordinators in veterinary, livestock and agricultural programming training, troubleshooting and management. Provide advisement for all SP veterinary, livestock, agricultural and livelihoods programming,
- Review all proposals, concept papers or professional papers prepared for distribution to the relevant staff for review, and ensure the accuracy of technical information as it pertains to veterinary and agricultural need in each area.
- Support the field offices regarding the rules and regulations of the field office, and ensure that there is great communication with regard to updates, meetings, progress and ideas being formulated with leadership.
- Establish good relations with in-field partners and community stakeholders to ensure proper participation and empowerment of local communities.
- Liaise with the corporate offices in Australia, Canada and Europe in channeling funds appropriately to the field offices, thus allowing maintenance and expansion of the veterinary, livestock and agricultural projects.
- Travel to field sites as needed for temporary assigned field responsibility, project assessment, or other work as assigned and be available for Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) deployment. Frequent international travel required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Master's degree (M.A.) or higher in Veterinary Medicine and Surgery plus Bachelor’s degree or higher in Agriculture; ten years related experience living and working in less developed countries; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7454-1