Regional Manager - Northeast Africa
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
We have an opportunity for an Regional Manager to join our Northeast Africa Regional team at our International Headquarters in Boone, NC. The Regional Manager - Northeast Africa will
support the assigned Regional Director(s) in developing, implementing, and maintaining Samaritan’s Purse project activity across the region, including management of partner relationships and programs.
Description of Job duties:
In Conjunction with the Country Directors and Regional Program development Officer, support the Regional Director to create, articulate and disseminate a clear vision and strategy for SP programming in the region.
- Work with relevant Headquarters and field-level staff to ensure all grants, awards and internally funded programs are implemented according to SP’s Program Management Guidelines and donor requirements.
- Analyze data and background materials in order to provide guidance and support Regional Director(s) and key decision makers.
- Maintain detailed understanding of regional grant activity, providing timely Summaries to the Regional Director(s).
- Manage partner relationships and programs in the region and communicate regularly to funding recipients in order to receive timely reports. Establish funding and evaluation criteria, send guidelines to perspective partners, evaluate program proposals, make funding recommendations, and monitor currently funded programs.
- Investigate and determine new opportunities for partnership in both existing countries and other countries in the region.
- Work with the relevant field level staff to provide additional detailed information as requested for communications purposes. As needed, provide reports and success stories to communications for publication.
- In conjunction with the Field Office and IHQ HR staff, manage all aspects of the Human Resource (HR) requires of the Field offices related to International Field Staff (IFS). This includes managing the flow of applicants, conducting interviews and providing timely and relevant reports for field and headquarters level staff.
- Coordinate evaluation of IFS employees with CD, IHQ Projects, and HR.
- Assist the Field Office headquarter-level support with all aspects of procurement, including planning, bid justifications and contracts.
- Assist Regional Director(s) by providing on-site monitoring and evaluation of partner programs.
- Assume lead responsibility for managing specific partner projects. Keep Regional Director(s) informed of status, information, needs, and concerns related to partners. Provide and maintain a monthly project tracking and status report on all assigned programs and projects.
- Liaise with Regional Director(s), Country Directors and Communications to ensure that all relevant partner programs and SP field office projects are listed on the Samaritan’s Purse web site and kept current.
- Provide surge capacity and assume additional responsibilities for Regional Director(s) during absence due to travel, disaster response, or vacancy.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Two-three years working in disaster contexts is required along with previous cross cultural management experience.
- Willingness to travel internationally and to the field sites on as needed basis.
- Practical, quick, reasoning skills; must be able to keep communication lines open with all parties in program of scheduling changes.
- Clear understanding of the workings of major donors and their perspectives, requirements and standards.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal and written oral communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly.
- Travel in-country will entail exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
Position based in Boone, NC with sporadic travel to the region on an as-needed basis.
This will be a one-year contract position.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7771-1