*This position will be working from a home office (anywhere around the Phoenix area*
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Regional Director, Major Gifts in our Donor Ministries Department.
The Regional Director represents the ministry of Samaritan’s Purse in building long-term partnerships with current and prospective major donors within a region of the United States. Focus is on sharing what God is doing through the ministry and intentionally developing relationships that invite people into deep and meaningful partnership that will facilitate the ongoing funding of Samaritan’s Purse programs. Travel locally, regionally and internationally as needed.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse - Personally represent the ministry to current and prospective donors; primarily individuals and churches.
- Effectively communicate the mission, scope, and program strategies of Samaritan’s Purse, plus the impact of all areas of ministry throughout the world.
- Actively promote what is being accomplished as a testimony to God’s provision.
- Intentionally Build Relationships:
- Find and connect with the right people. Discover who they are and what they care about.
- Win personal and trusting relationships. Engage in the areas of greatest mission alignment.
- Keep donors feeling connected, updated, and valued as true partners.
- Lift donors’ awareness of the impact of the ministry and a vision for ongoing partnership as a means of building God’s Kingdom here and abroad.
- Serve and Care for Donors
- Thank donors well by providing timely and personal acknowledgement of all significant giving.
- Report well by providing personalized reports at least annually showing the impact of donors’ giving and why it matters. Adjust according to donors’ preferred mode and frequency of reporting.
- Minister to donors by connecting on a spiritual level; encouraging their walk with the Lord, praying with and for them, and incorporating principles of Biblical stewardship as appropriate.
- Show Opportunities for Partnership:
- Invite people into deep and meaningful partnership through giving opportunities that align their ministry passions with the mission and programs of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Seek other opportunities for partnership that utilize a donor’s influence, time, and talent.
- Specifically seek the leading of the Holy Spirit through each relationship and encounter.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness and humble spirit to colleagues and all constituent groups.
- Manage a portfolio of 150 priority relationships (primarily individuals and churches).
- Develop and execute an annual plan that includes an individualized engagement strategy for advancing each relationship.
- Personally engage donors through a variety of means such as personal visits, special events, vision trips, conference calls, and personal correspondence (with a priority on face-to-face interaction).
- Grow the donor base by discovering and developing new major donor partnerships through intentional networking and research.
- Remain updated on global events and all aspects of ministry programs through personal study of SP website, department wiki, public communications, and news outlets.
- Accurately document all donor contact and information into the CRM system.
- Report donor engagement activity and outcomes monthly to the National Director.
- Participate in weekly video meetings with National Director and Regional Directors.
- Facilitate current and planned giving to Samaritan’s Purse toward meeting established targets. Work out of home office or at SP headquarters, connecting as a staff member through daily prayer for the ministry, viewing devotions daily online and participating in all team meetings and trainings.
- Travel requirement ranges from 50-80 nights away depending on the region. In addition to traveling locally and regionally to meet with donors, this may also include two international vision trips with donors per year, plus two annual trips to Samaritan’s Purse International Headquarters in Boone, NC, plus other travel as deemed necessary by the National Director.
- Must be a proven self-starter with successful track record of developing relationships with high capacity individuals.
- Required experience in raising $1M or more annually through major gifts, and possess refined development and communications skills.
- Bachelors’ Degree with four years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required along with twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies are strongly preferred.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7873