Recruiting & Staffing Coordinator
Seeking a motivated and passionate Human Resources (HR) professional to serve as the Recruiting and Staffing Coordinator for Samaritan’s Purse’s International Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) program. This is an incredible opportunity to answer your call to serve people in the midst of crisis and disaster. The core of our mission is demonstrated in international relief as we meet people in their darkest hour to not only meet their physical needs, but to share the hope of Jesus Christ. This position is vital to ensuring our international relief programming continues in excellence by attracting, screening and hiring top talent to serve in our global DART program.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work well in a team setting, be self-motivated and will remain focused in a high-volume, fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency. Don’t miss this opportunity to serve on a great team!
Description of Job duties:
· Attract, recruit and hire qualified job candidates for medical and non-medical DART positions.
· Facilitate full-cycle hiring process from requisition to hire/deployment, as needed.
· Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with the Projects department and the International Disaster Response Unit (IDRU).
· Develop and execute recruiting strategies.
· Complete open job requisition administrative processes.
· Generate qualified applicant flow through active and passive sourcing activities by sourcing and mining qualified applicants and coordinating all job postings and ads.
· Facilitate and conduct applicant pre-screen interviews; conduct qualified candidate interviews for ministry and job-fit.
· Administer new hire process by presenting contracts to candidates and ensuring the successful transition to the Onboarding/Benefits team.
· Communicate with candidates via phone, email and letter as needed to ensure a positive candidate experience. Forward screened and qualified candidates to recruiter/hiring manager.
· Partner with recruiter/hiring manager to extend offers of employment and ensure new hire process is completed.
· Coordinate and participate in off-site recruiting events related to open positions and/or departments assigned.
· Serve as the HR Liaison during disaster responses as needed/requested.
· Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
· Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
· Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
· Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and three to five years’ related recruiting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Passion and call to support international relief programming.
· Self-motivated, initiates solving problems/issues as they arise.
· Attention to detail and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Experience in a developing country preferred.
· Must have strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills, Applicant Tracking System experience preferred.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
· Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
· Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
· Long term and short term disability insurance
· Term Life insurance401(k) retirement savings plan
· Ten paid holidays
· Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
· Ten sick/personal days
· Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
· Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8176-1