The U.S. DISASTER RELIEF arm of Samaritan's Purse mobilizes staff and equipment and enlists thousands of volunteers to provide emergency aid to victims of tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, floods and other natural disasters in the United States. After the initial response, Samaritan’s Purse often stays behind to rebuild and restore houses for needy families.
The Program Manager, US Recovery/Development will work in assigned regions of disaster aftermath in recovery and rebuilding. The position will supervise staff and lead volunteers as well as coordinating/partnering with churches, local governments, and other relief agencies and assist the Recovery Manager in daily tasks. Position requires frequent travel.
1. Maintain "real time" awareness of all site activities and all aspects of ongoing projects.
2. Fill in for on site for staff in any position should they be out of the office for an extended period of time due to vacation, sickness, or termination.
3. Manage smaller, short term rebuilding projects in which a full time staff will not be hired. This will include being able to manage volunteers in all phases of construction.
4. Assist Manager of Recovery and Development in periodic jobsite and project visits to ensure the success and quality of each project.
5. Lead and assist with in-house building projects.
6. Oversee construction and other work done by independent contractors.
7. Track tools and their condition and provide as needed to on site teams.
8. When on site, greet and welcome volunteer teams; make daily visits to work sites; assist with delivery of tools and supplies as needed.
9. Communicate and minister to disaster victims, keeping them informed of the team's work.
10. Work with local churches to ensure follow-up with homeowners and program continuation after Samaritan's Purse is gone.
11. Handle conflict resolution as necessary with staff, volunteer teams, homeowners, churches, or other agencies.
12. Understand and ensure adherence to all safety policies.
13. Participate in daily devotions and prayer support for ministry, its donors and volunteers.
14. Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
When on site, manage 4-8 subordinate supervisors including the Office Manager/Volunteer Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator, Case Manager, Cook and Construction Supervisors, who supervise 20-40 volunteers. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or a year’s experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Contractor’s License helpful, but not required.
Class A CDL preferred.
Frequent travel is required in the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)