Program Manager, Safety & Security, Haiti
Want a Security career with impact? Serve with Samaritan's Purse in Haiti to oversee the safety and security of our staff and operations. With your expertise, we'll be able to keep working to share the good news of Jesus Christ while meeting the physical needs of the people we're serving.
The Security Manager in Haiti is responsible to promote and support the success and safety of field programs and staff. The Security Manager will be responsible for maintaining security and safety for all field programs, bases and housing. This position will also develop and maintain security and evacuation plans and policies in accordance to SP Haiti and IHQ policies and procedures. The incumbent will also oversee the base budget, base staff, hospitality, base upkeep and operations. These activities may include the management of government and contractual relationships, program support, process evaluation, general financial reporting, staff living and working space maintenance and, in consultation with staff, facilitation of usage of base resources to assist with program implementation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with diverse personnel who impact security of SP personnel. These include but are not limited to local village leaders, police, military, other NGOs, UN and government leaders.
- Develop, manage and train a team of national security officers as well as sub-base national staff.
- Implement and monitor the security and safety plan, including reporting to the regional security manager and Haiti leadership on a regular basis.
- Preparation of monthly security reports with analysis of field office security incidents and personal assessment and evaluation of policy implementation at the field level.
- Review and maintain a safety/security checklist for site to ensure adherence to protocols. This includes but is not limited to: driver’s manual, convoy procedures, site safety and security, reporting procedures for field operations, security briefing for pre and post mission, evacuation plans and incident reporting.
- Maintenance of asset control, and liaising with logistics to ensure compliance.
- Maintenance of the Security Protocols/ Manual and incident records.
- Lead in responding to accidents, manifestations, robberies, etc. This will be in conjunction with the medical team.
- Keep Haiti administration and regional field security and safety officer informed of security status, information, needs, and concerns.
- Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep the Haiti administration informed of events, including crisis response options.
- Maintain disaster response plan, evacuation plan, and ensure there are staff safe houses and safe places close to program locations and common routes.
- Maintain awareness of legal and cultural requirements and advise as to compliance of Samaritan’s Purse with the same.
- Provide management of base staff covering food service (staff, planning menus for volunteer and staff, and finding best sources for food and water for base) and grounds and facility upkeep.
- Maintain hospitality environment for staff and guests.
- Work closely with the SP Haiti leadership to determine appropriate solutions to staffing and program needs in areas of responsibility.
- Ensure efficient use of funding and accurate financial reporting.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Country or Regional Director.
- Ability to coordinate activities, building and maintaining positive working relationships
- Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly
- Ability to analyze information to develop a complete picture of security situations
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Networking and team building skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Cheerful, diplomatic, encourager, concern for the spiritual well-being of the team
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Diplomacy, negotiating skills.
- Spiritual maturity; Ability to lead direct reports in their growing relationship with Jesus Christ
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in a relevant field or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 1 year of management experience, preferably in a disaster location. Proven management and leadership experience. Experience working in Haitian context desired. Previous Security experience preferred Water, sanitation, construction, livelihood or other sector specific experience a plus. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred. Financial management experience preferred.
Above average communication skills - English fluency required, French and/or Creole preferred.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
Accompanied, but unable to accommodate children.
Includes full benefit package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7443-1