Program Management Advisor
We are searching for a great communicator with experience in providing support to international field offices in the monitor and evaluation of program development projects! Samaritan’s Purse is seeking a Program Management Advisor in our International Projects Department. As the PMA, you will promoting best practices of the organization both internally and externally. Do you have experience in training, managing and implementing field programming? Have you been in an advisory role to evaluate strategies for projects in an international context? Don’t miss this opportunity to serve!
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Provide guidance (along with technical advisors) in the design and evaluation of program management strategy specific to each project while using the tools developed in the Program Management Guidelines.
- Train and/or participate in rapid or baseline-assessments/surveys which serve as a basis for validation of outcomes of all program activities.
- Provide program development technical assistance to special projects. Support and coordinate the writing, editing and compilation of proposals, reports and lessons learned for assigned projects.
- Develop, support and update systems for managing projects. Includes Program Management Guidelines and other tools determined necessary for supporting field offices through proposal development, start up and ongoing implementation.
- Provide program management training and mentoring (virtual and on-site) for SP Country Directors, and their program management staff. Support includes guiding the selection of appropriate strategies to meet the identified need, setting program objectives, creating log frames and setting project targets.
- Be available to assist/advise/support field offices in evaluating management strategies on a project to project basis to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Work with CDs, PMs and Sector Advisors to highlight strong programs in each sector. Facilitate the writing of focused Lessons Learned documents and evaluation reports with the purpose of building a library of internal publications within SP Projects Dept.
- Write reports for publication and present impact results of SP programs at international conferences, educational institutions and in other venues for the purpose of raising the profile of Samaritan’s Purse internationally.
We ask that you bring:
- A strong, growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or 4-10 years of related experience and/or training
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred
- Leadership Ability
- Strong computer skills and mathematical reasoning
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
Some of the perks:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7994-1