Program Development Officer, Greece
Are you an experienced and creative technical writer with a passion for people? Join us as a Program Development Officer at Samaritan’s Purse (SP)! As a Program Development Officer in Greece, you will play the invaluable role of creatively crafting and implementing grant proposals to maximize consideration for funding opportunities. Your efforts will help to ensure continued Christ-like care of those seeking safe-harbor from a war-torn region. For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Develop programming through writing concept papers, proposals and budgets for SP-Greece using best practices and lessons learned in coordination with appropriate program units.
- Build relationships on behalf of SP-Greece with bilateral donors, International Non-governmental Organizations, and other agencies.
- Represent SP-Greece in relevant UN cluster meetings and other donor/partner meetings.
- Monitor and be aware of upcoming agency "calls for proposals" and proactively inform assigned supervisors of upcoming opportunities.
- Assist in program implementation, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of program activities, keeping track of key lessons learned.
- Assist with strategic planning and the implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of newly funded programs.
- Build capacity of SP-Greece field staff in general program development skills, behavior change communication, and quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills.
- This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities; however, will also oversee various technical support staff in the specific programs designed and will coordinate with associated program units.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills.
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals, training/instruction manuals, and reports.
- Knowledge of basic program development skills such as quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation.
- Working knowledge of the grant submission processes of major donors such but not limited to the UN, CIDA, DFID and USAID, PADF, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point.
- Master’s degree (M.A.) in International Development, preferred not required. Study in a related field or strong field based experience will be considered, which should be: three years’ experience in program management and/or three years of cross-cultural experience in program management in the implementation of relief and development programming, or a combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an accompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits:
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7796