Procurement and Fixed Asset Advisor
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Fixed Asset and Procurement Advisor in our Projects department.
As Fixed Asset and Procurement Advisor, you will lead the deployment of a Fixed Asset Tracking System in all Samaritans Purse country offices worldwide, to include the following: deployment schedule, process mapping from the former system to the new system for each office, coordinating deployment with ICT department, training in each office, creation of training documents, job aides and FAQs.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Provide ongoing support for the fixed asset system to ensure appropriate use and tracking of SP assets worldwide.
- Generate asset and procurement reports for Projects leadership as requested from applicable resources. Advise field offices on procurement best practice, Samaritans Purse (SP) policy and grantor procurement requirements.
- Ensure field offices are conducting procurement in such a manner as to mitigate fraud and corruption.
- Design and implement systems that provide a procurement monitoring plan to include financial, procurement and programmatic information.
- Review field office procurement procedures, contracts, commodity tracking, asset inventory and other reporting documents for grantor and SP requirements to ensure all requirements are met.
- Maintain and update procurement field operation guidelines and policy documents.
- Develop standardized tools, templates and work processes that result in streamlined and efficient procurement processes.
- Work closely with operational areas to ensure systems for procurement management are synchronized.
- Travel to country offices or disaster areas frequently to better understand the operational environment and challenges faced with international procurement and fixed asset inventory.
- Provide training on grantor and Samaritan’s Purse rules and regulations.
- Facilitate opportunities for capacity building and learning for field staff.
We ask that you bring:
- Highly self-motivation
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible procurement experience in an international setting
- Ability to coach, train, and mentor in an international/multicultural environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conduct complex analyses on a wide variety of fixed asset, procurement management and compliance issues
- Strong skills in analytical and strategic thinking
- Proven experience in procurement and fixed asset systems development and management especially in an international humanitarian context
- Ability to develop and carry out plans and solve problems independently
- Ability to plan, organize, manage time, and meet deadlines in an ever changing environment
- Ability to understand financial reports and analyze financial variances
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
Some of the perks:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please be sure to attach your cover letter and resume letting us know why you would be a good fit for this position!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8135