Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
We are seeking a qualified individual to assist with the administration and processing of employee payroll. Primary responsibilities include: assisting in the preparation of payroll for various payroll cycles; monthly reports for management; performing monthly reconciliation of payroll accounts; maintaining payroll files; assisting with payroll data entry; reviewing and filing timesheets; and recording and tracking employee vacation, sick, and personal time. Will co-serve as backup in the absence of the Payroll Manager and assist with tax reporting as needed.
The successful candidate will be highly detailed and accurate; organized and efficient; be able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner; exhibit a willingness to perform tasks as assigned; multi-task oriented; team player and able to work well under tight deadlines; proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Regular work schedule is Monday through Friday, 40 hours/week with seasonally adjusted hours as necessary.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Download, reconcile and close out the Cabaret software system used in the dining room for payroll deduction each pay period. Set up employees; scan and troubleshoot any barcode/scanning issues.
- Manage all aspects of the Empower timekeeping system including access, setup, processes, reconciliation and reporting.
- Manage all aspects of the Workday timekeeping file including Non-Exempt employee timesheets, uploading and data entry and reconciliation between the three (3) systems.
- Review, approve and code taxable benefits for both international and domestic staff.
- Responsible for obtaining from Projects and setting up all Award codes for allocations for field payroll, as well as work with Projects Accounting to resolve code issues.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of payroll dining room, field cash, and taxable benefit (both domestic and international) withholding accounts. Prepare various monthly reports for management as assigned.
- Prepare monthly payment schedules for all TCN/International salaries paid through Accounts Payable.
- Provide Projects information and assistance in the international tax filing process for the field offices.
- Calculate, set up and file all child support, garnishments and levies.
- File Federal and State tax withholding payments required each pay period. Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual payroll testing, reporting, and tax filings.
- Assist in preparation of information for both internal and external payroll audits and insurance audits.
- Research, analyze and resolve payroll-related questions and information requests.
- File, scan, and maintain proper storage and retention of active employee, termination, and payroll files.
- Document and update the Payroll Policy and Procedure Manual as needed.
- Assist other Payroll staff in absence or as needed.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Attention to Detail
- High Level of Confidentiality
- Efficient (processes, productivity)
- Ability to Prioritize Assignments
- Exhibit Willingness to Learn
- Work Well Under Tight Deadlines
- Problem Solving
- Collaboration with Others
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree (A.A.) or one to three (3) years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience with Excel is preferable.
Experience with Empower timekeeping or Serenic/Navigator software is a plus.
Employees who work within the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8030