National Monitoring & Evaluation Program Manager
Samaritan’s Purse (SP) is looking for an individual who will serve as the National Monitoring, and Evaluation Program Manager to act as the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) focal person for Samaritan’s Purse South Sudan, providing overall technical guidance and oversight for the design and implement plans country-wide. We have the opportunity to serve the South Sudanese and Sudanese people by bringing them physical aid, but most importantly, spiritual aid through sharing the good news of Jesus Christ.
Serving on the M&E team, you will be tasked with ensuring our programming is reaching the goals we’ve set out as an organization, and in accordance to our donor’s standards. This is vital as we believe through excellence in our work, people will see Christ at work.
Description of Job duties:
- Provide proactive and clear functional leadership across Samaritan’s Purse (SP) South Sudan for development and full coordination of all Monitoring and Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) events, practices, and M&E personnel.
- Develop full, effective cross-functional working relationships with field based M&E Staff for MEAL and partner functions/sectors.
- Participate effectively with MEAL networks, practitioners and learning/research institutions to access, research, evaluate and promote the best available external practices and resources in MEAL.
- Lead and support assessments and operational research for contextual understanding, identifying opportunities, vulnerabilities, capacities and resources, deciding feasibility and setting priorities.
- Lead and support the program and technical teams in the development of design documents and logical frameworks that prioritize needs established during assessments and secondary data analysis.
- Manage the Samaritans Purse Reporting System (SPRS) ensuring that it is consistent with SP Strategy and Program Management Field Office Guidelines ( PM FOG)
- Oversee updates of SP database that captures project details and geographical coverage of activities
- Advise on analysis of project data using international tools and methodologies.
- Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information that confirms status of program activities based on log frames.
- Conduct monthly monitoring regarding the implementation of the SPSS strategic objectives
- Develop quality control systems and mechanisms needed to guarantee proper management of information and data.
- Train and assist Area Coordinators, Programs Managers and M&E staff to implement realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data for comparison against a project’s targets.
- Support Program Managers to produce reports (quarterly, annual, final) in a timely manner which accurately reflects field level conditions and programming progress program design as well as standardizing monitoring practices.
- Serve as main M&E focal person for Multi-location projects coordinating report writing and ensuring standardized tools are being used
- Document and disseminate the key lessons and findings from project evaluations and operations audit for organizational learning and decision making.
- Gather relevant information regarding best practices in program design, monitoring and evaluation from within and outside the SP partnership and share it with field staff to facilitate organizational learning and experience sharing.
- Represent SP at cluster, coordination and bilateral donor meetings at regional and national level.
- Participate in M&E technical working groups including WASH FSL and nutrition.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- A Bachelors’ degree (BA) is required with a Masters (MA) in development related or economics and statistics being preferable and/or with 3 to 5 years related experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Demonstrates substantial experience in a M&E or programming role
- Communication and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability in data collection, management and analysis with experience in Mobile Data Collection (MDC).
- Understanding of conducting project evaluations, and experience implementing surveys with various sampling methodologies (cluster, LQAS, etc.)
- Experience in proposal development and grant management and report writing
- Good knowledge of project cycle management and development
- Arabic language skills preferred but not required.
- Experience managing staff preferred
- Experience living and working in challenging settings
- Perform activities of moderate physical activity and somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
- Camp in remote field sites
- Ride in light vehicles over rough terrain
- May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied position.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8101-1