National DME Training Manager
Samaritan’s Purse is looking for a National DME Training Manager will act as the focal point for program manager training and capacity building on Project Management and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), providing technical guidance and oversight for the design and implementation of Design, Monitoring and Evaluations (DME) plans.
Training Manager will work closely with the Senor Programs Manager and the Program Development Officer in the design phase of projects to ensure that DME plans are realistic and in line with SP’s Project Management Guidelines. This position will be based in Niamey, Niger.
Description of Job Duties:
- Build up Program Manager and M&E officers capacity in Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DME)
- Develop full, effective cross-functional working relationships with Program Managers and M&E officers for DM&E and partner functions/sectors.
- Participate effectively with DM&E networks, practitioners and learning/research institutions to access, research, evaluate and promote the best available external practices and resources in DM&E.
- Supporting assessments and operational research for contextual understanding, identifying opportunities, vulnerabilities, capacities and resources, deciding feasibility and setting priorities.
- Support and train the program and technical teams in the development of design documents and logical frameworks that prioritize needs established during assessments and secondary data analysis.
- Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation system consistent with SP Strategy and Field Office Guidelines (FOG) that includes standards developed by multilateral & bilateral agencies and NGOs.
- Oversee updates of SP database that captures project details and geographical coverage of activities
- Train M&E officers and PMs, and assist in developing data entry, storage, and analysis templates for project monitoring.
- Advise, assist and train Program Managers and M&E officers on analysis of project data using international tools and methodologies.
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis when required.
- Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information that confirms status of program activities based on log frames.
- Develop and train program’s team in quality control systems & mechanisms needed to guarantee proper management of information & data.
- Train and assist Area Coordinators and Programs Managers to implement realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data for comparison against a project’s targets.
- Support Program Managers to produce reports (quarterly, annual, final) in a timely manner which accurately reflects field level conditions and programming progress program design.
- Document and disseminate the key lessons and findings from project evaluations & operations audit for organizational learning and decision making.
- Gather relevant information regarding best practices in program design, monitoring & evaluation from within & outside the SP partnership & share it with field staff to facilitate organizational learning & experience sharing.
- Identify appropriate and internationally standardized performance indicators (such as CSI, HDDS, HHS, etc.) for integration into on-going monitoring activities such as PDM and FBM.
- Compile briefings on all M&E related activities as necessary to update Senior Programs Manager
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors & volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, & the general public.
- With a generous & serving spirit, perform all other tasks & responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelors’ degree in development related subjects preferable, Economics and Statistics with a minimum of five years in Monitoring and evaluation; or five to seven years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence clearly required. Ability to speak effectively and persuasively before groups and other humanitarian actors required.
- French language skills are highly recommended.
- Strong capacity and experience in training and capacity building
- Demonstrates substantial experience in a M&E or programming role
- Communication and analytical skills
- Computer skills especially statistical analysis using SPSS, MS Access, STATA, Excel, Epi Info, among others.
- Demonstrated ability in data collection, management and analysis.
- Understanding of survey methodology, and experience implementing surveys with various sampling methodologies (cluster, LQAS, etc.)
- Experience in proposal development and grant management
- Good knowledge of project cycle management and development
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7833