Ministry Program Manager
Samaritan’s Purse is looking for a passionate and driven Ministry Program Manager to develop, implement and manage all of the Ministry programs in our South Sudan office. South Sudan is the world’s newest nation who needs to know the transforming gospel of Jesus Christ. Be a part of equipping the local churches with biblical literacy and knowledge, leadership, capacity building, and integrity in order to bring new people to Jesus Christ as well as strengthening the current body of believers.
The Ministry Program Manager will be based in the field and will provide technical support to all field locations.
Description of Job duties:
- Oversee all ministry projects in country to ensure alignment with Samaritan’s Purse (SP) South Sudan strategy.
- Standardize ministry projects throughout SP South Sudan’s field locations.
- Empower and provide technical support to the national staff at each field location to be able to replicate their responsibilities with the local church when SP leaves.
- Travel up to 50% of time to support all field locations.
- Manage a Biblical Literacy & Discipleship Program (BiLD):
- Create and follow an implementation plan.
- Build local church capacity for program sustainability.
- Manage SP BiLD Monitors and related staff.
- Conduct/create baseline and follow up tests to measure program success.
- Create and implement pastor training program:
- Design training material for local pastors to have the tools to preach accurate and biblically based sermons.
- Organize and implement training workshops for local pastors to be trained.
- Create and implement a church outreach program.
- Develop relationships with local church leaders:
- Support teaching and the building up of the church congregations through BiLD, Jesus Film, and other programs as needed.
- Assist in local church ministry development and strategy.
- Encourage integrity for all ministry practices.
- Manage the Ministry program finances.
- Direct program logistics.
- Produce accurate and timely reports.
- With a generous and serving spirit perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors, and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Biblical Studies or related field.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Proven church partnership leadership and management experience.
- Proven experience working with church structures and building inter-church coalitions.
- Extensive international and cross-cultural working experience.
- Strong planning, organizing, budgeting, communication and strategy formulation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Understanding of local culture is essential.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle on rough roads and through extremely muddy conditions.
- Ability to communicate in Arabic a plus
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7814-1