Mental Health Clinician
Are you a seasoned Mental Health Professional with a heart to serve victims of war and terror in the Middle East? Samaritan’s Purse is seeking a Mental Health Clinician to provide spiritual, mental health, and general family practice treatment to internally displaced beneficiaries in the vicinity of Grace Community Center in Northern Iraq. In keeping with our name’s sake, the Good Samaritan, our mandate is to seek and serve those in crisis; diagnosis and treatment of trauma-related mental health conditions is a critical part of this response. If you desire to put your mental health expertise to use in a way that shows the love of Jesus Christ to a people in need, then you may be exactly the Samaritan we’re looking for. Apply, today, to see if this is what God has in store for you!
Description of Job Duties:
- Provide Spirit-filled care, diagnosis, and treatment for general family practice and mental health patients at the Grace Community Center (GCC) Medical Clinic
- Prescribe medication as a part of diagnosis and treatment for clinic patients, including mental health medication prescriptions
- Assist with administration and supervision of orientation, training, and development of medical clinic staff, including Iraqi national staff
- Work with Logistics Officer, Pharmacist, and Clinic Administrator to ensure adequate medicine is procured and stocked in pharmacy
- Work with medical clinic staff to provide ongoing quality control for the medical clinic, including conducting random record checks
- Work closely with the GCC Trauma Counselling Program Manager and GCC Case Managers to provide specialized care to mental health patients and follow-up treatment
- Provide referrals, when appropriate, to other medical facilities, including government facilities, for specialized diagnosis and treatment or for services not available at the GCC Medical Clinic
- Undergo on-site training on the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system used at the clinic and be able to provide basic support to other medical staff
- Integrate mental health education and awareness into existing GCC medical programming
- Education: Medical Doctor (MD), Psychological and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMH-NP), Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), or other Master of Science in Nursing (MS-N).
- One year (12 semester hours) of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Able to prescribe medication, including mental health medication.
- Knowledge of computer systems and appropriate applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prior experience in overseas or missions context preferred.
- Prior experience in the Middle East preferred.
- Ability to read and understand complex documents in English.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English.
- Arabic and / or Kurdish proficiency preferred, but not required.
- Strong attention to detail, anticipation, and follow-up required.
- Self-starter with exemplary work ethic.
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Humble team player.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
12 month contract with potential for extension
This position is unaccompanied.
International Employee Benefits:
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8020-1