Logistics Specialist (EFH)
Samaritan’s Purse has sent an emergency field hospital equipped with an emergency room, two operating rooms, nearly 50 beds, and more than 70 staff to the Plains of Nineveh. We are treating injuries from gunfire, mortar rounds, and other explosives as many dozens are harmed daily in the conflict between Iraqi and coalition forces and ISIS militants in Mosul. You could be involved in future deployments as a Logistics Specialist. The position provides support to Projects Department, with primary focus on the Emergency Field Hospital (EFH) Project, as well as supporting non-EFH projects as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate requests, receipts and put-aways of emergency field hospital (EFH) durables and consumables.
- Coordinate development of global network of EFH consumable and medicine suppliers. Maintain relationships with key EFH suppliers; monitor and track supplier performance.
- Support development of pre-deployment EFH readiness tools; support readiness training as required.
- Support deployment of EFH resources to the field during deployments.
- Coordinate the restocking effort after an EFH has been deployed to the field.
- Ensure adherence to proper stock rotation of EFH items with expiration dates.
- Build and maintain active working files, e-files, and summaries for each project.
- Provide hazardous material transportation support for Projects Department shipments.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; and three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7989