Logistics Manager, Greece
Are you an experienced Logistics Manager with a heart for service to refugees? Join us as a Logistics Program Manager at Samaritan’s Purse! As a Logistics Program Manager, you will serve as the site’s primary authority on procurement, transportation, and storage of organizational and partner goods. Your expertise and efforts will help to show the love of Christ to a desperate and struggling refugee population. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Design, implement, and maintain an effective system of procurement, transportation, and storage of all project and office relief and support materials and commodities in accordance with the Samaritan’s Purse (SP) Procurement Field Operating Guide (FOG).
- Act as a focal point for logistical requests from the team, implementing and safeguarding SP’s field-procurement system and liaising with finance, administration, and program units.
- Develop and implement reliable and appropriate processes for orderly, effective, timely, and safe distribution of project supplies in the field, ensuring appropriate level of financial stewardship in the purchasing process in accordance with SP policies.
- Maintain and keep contacts with rental property owners, ensuring that there is a harmonious relationship between the organization and the property owners.
- Responsible for the acquisition of new properties and the efforts to make them habitable for incoming SP staff.
- Manage and maintain the vehicle fleet, ensuring that all the vehicles are properly maintained and used within SP policy.
- Design and maintain an effective fuel-tracking and utilization system to ensure proper management and control of fuel supplies.
- Manage strategic relationships with customs officials, airport authorities, embassy, NGO, military, government, and logistical personnel, and where applicable, merchants and other significant individuals.
- Submit supply orders to stock both food and other supplies for compound staff programs.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith, and experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) from four-year college or university in Logistics or related field; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of field experience in the management of a high volume warehouse or inventory distribution environment.
- Experience living and working overseas.
- Fluent spoken and written English required. Greek or Arabic language skills desirable, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an accompanied assignment.
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7902