IT Systems Project Manager
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Project Manager in our Information Technology Department.
The Information Systems Project Manager serves as the Information Technology department’s functional point-of-contact for projects and support of the HRIS and related systems. This position will be an HRIS subject matter expert and will oversee the efficiency and effectiveness of all supporting systems, as well as how these systems interface with other proprietary and third-party systems/solutions.
Description of Job duties:
- Lead planning, design, development, and deployment of HRIS applications and related systems.
- Conduct research on software/hardware products in order to make recommendations for purchase and implementation.
- As project manager for designated projects, lead development and documentation of current and future-state processes formalizing blueprint for solution and approval.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users in HR, IT and Finance on a regular basis; discover inefficiencies in business processes impacting data management and configuration and implement required process improvements.
- Define business requirements, establish systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems, and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations and alternatives addressing existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems across organization.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house and cloud-based systems.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts providing direction to system programmers and 3rd party service contractors.
- Responsible for gathering requirements, gap analysis and providing quality documentation of detailed user/business requirements to facilitate proto-typing, configuration, and development of functional reports.
- Functional/Technical capacity (HR, Payroll, Finance systems)
- Ability to conduct research and resolve systems issues and products
- Ability to present and communicate ideas in a succinct and clear manner
- Highly motivated and self-directed with keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, consultative, written and oral communication skills with ability to train individuals and groups
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a cross functional team-oriented, collaborative, environment
- Ability to skillfully influence without authority
- Continuous Improvement (processes, technology, productivity)
- Change Agent
- Business Acumen
- Bias for Action
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Candidates must be willing and able to work at both a strategic and tactical level
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or related area of study with and related computer systems training certificate and five (5) plus years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8294-1