International Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) Member (Medical and Non-Medical)
Samaritan’s Purse International Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) program is committed to meeting the critical needs of victims of war, poverty, famine, disease and natural disaster while sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. We stand ready to respond at a moment’s notice whenever and wherever disaster strikes. The DART program is composed of on-call, readily available professionals trained to respond within a complex international environment.
As deployments occur with little or no warning, DART members must have a flexible schedule and availability to deploy. A high level of prior humanitarian experience in delivering quality programming in an austere environment is desired. DART members can be deployed to dangerous places, the living conditions can be challenging and the work days long and hard. However, Samaritan’s Purse believes in being the first on the ground in order to serve and help those who have suffered through a catastrophic event in the name of Jesus Christ.
Overview of DART roles:
Samaritan’s Purse hires top level talent to serve in a variety of contexts around the world. We deploy globally, and respond to an array of crises and disasters. Our staff exude the spirit of flexibility and adaptability and may serve in a number of different roles and contexts depending on the response.
The following are the types of capacities employees are assigned to serve under in a given response:
- Human Resources
- Information and Data Collection
- Information and Communications Technology
- Medical (sub-specialties below):
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Trauma/General Surgeon
- Operating Room (OR) Nurse/Technician
- Anesthesiologist/ Nurse Anesthetist
- Emergency Medicine Physician
- Internal/Family Medicine Physician
- Critical Care Physician
- Registered Nurse
- Lab Technician
- Physical Therapist
- Radiology Technician
- Biomedical Technician
- Programs (sub-specialties below):
- Food Distribution
- Non-Food Item (NFI) Distribution
- Program Development
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Mechanical (Auto/Diesel)
- Mechanical (ECU/HVAC)
- Supply Chain (sub-specialties below):
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- 1-2 years professional experience in an international context or disaster response management desired.
- Demonstrated travel, volunteer or work experience in developing countries.
- Mentors co-workers by providing training and supervision as required.
- Available on short notice for immediate 2-4 week deployment.
- Ability to serve 7 days/week for extended hours while on deployment.
- Available to serve up to 2-3 times/year.
- Willingness to work in unstable, insecure areas.
- Exudes an attitude of flexibility and adaptability in challenging circumstances.
NOTE: The recruiting, selection and training for DART positions takes place throughout the year. If you are interested in being considered for a DART position, your first step is to complete the application process. We will review your information and consider you for the next steps during our next applicant review cycle.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7967-1