Global Security Operations Center Analyst-2
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! We have an opportunity for a Global Security Operations Center Analyst to join our security team!
The Global Security Operations Center Analyst (GSOC), as directed by GSOC Manager and senior security management, is responsible for intelligence collection and analysis utilizing open source materials and internal systems to create, analyze and disseminate intelligence products, alerting the Samaritan’s Purse staff of events and incidents adversely impacting personnel and/or assets. The GSOC Analyst is required to assist in the initial management of critical incidents ranging from extreme weather conditions, political instability, crime, terror to sudden onset disasters utilizing the Samaritan’s Purse crisis management response plans, and help facilitate ministry wide coordination in response to a crisis while supporting management with continuous information on the incident.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts collection of open-source information utilizing multiple systems and sources in order to detect potential threats against the ministry and staff.
- Produces and disseminates cyclical 24/7 intelligence products derived from open-source and vendor provided collection efforts to SP’s recognized escalation process.
- Produces GIS products to support alerts and reports including daily incident plotting.
- Acts as focal point for all threat-related information using SP communications and systems
- Monitors Samaritan’s Purse facilities, assets, and oversees access control.
- Monitors Mission Aviation Services (MAS) flights and flight manifests.
- Answers, documents, and responds to calls coming in on the Critical Incident Phone Line. Performing initial crisis management with caller.
- Maintains situational awareness for all ministry locations around the world and responds appropriately when there is a critical incident in those regions.
- Assists in monitoring and ministry notification of sudden onset disasters.
- Provides timely tactical intelligence/analysis of incidents/situations in proximity to SP staff.
- Works closely with Security Team in assisting in the migration processes of threats impacting SP staff.
- On a 24/7 basis, monitors issues relating to Travel Risk Management, including tracking of individuals in high risk areas.
- Conducts criminal checks and digital background investigations as requested.
- Is familiar with all Samaritan's Purse facilities, policies, procedures, and regulations that affect the safety and security of Samaritan's Purse building occupants.
- Follows policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attends daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Proficient in all Microsoft Programs with an understanding of SharePoint and ability to create excel pivot tables
- Advanced skills and experience in collecting and analyzing large quantities of data to produce assessments, publications and reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with technical report writing
- Proficient in geographic information systems, programming, plotting and legends preferred
- Proficient in open source research
- Understanding of social media monitoring
- In depth knowledge of current global geo/political patterns
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to produce trend and pattern analysis
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Comfortable with high-tech work environment, and constant learning of new tools and innovations
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Flexibility to work all shifts, and willingness to assist the team with overtime when needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree ( Criminal Justice, History, Communications, Political Science); and/or 5 to 8 years’ experience in international military or law enforcement, intelligence, international security, security analysis, or SOC or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to complete/pass a Computer Skills proficiency exam prior to employment. Must be able to complete and pass a written threat analysis report.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Must be able to pass a Report Writing test prior to employment.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8033