Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager, Niger
Serve Here! Why? You receive the opportunity to reach the people of Niger with life-saving food security and livelihoods practices, but more importantly, with life-saving spiritual food through sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. "And God said, ‘Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.’ And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetationAnd God saw that it was good," Genesis 1:11-12. Be a part of the team by serving in the Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager role.
The Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager, Niger is responsible for managing all designated food security and livelihoods projects. This includes projects relating to food assistance/distributions and natural resource management. The manager will design new projects in the related domains through proposal, budgets, and log-frame development.
Description of Job duties:
* Work with project managers and coordinators to ensure high quality implementation of project activities and to ensure that project goals are met.
* Monitor program implementation against work plans and overall project objectives, documenting progress and achievements.
* Supervise all designated food security and livelihoods program personnel.
* Manage all project budgets according to donor requirements.
* Prepare and submit monthly internal reports, prepare and submit donor reports as needed, work closely with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and government counterparts ensuring partnerships are developed with state ministries.
* Work in conjunction with the Senior Programs Manager, PDO and other Program Managers in developing Food Security and Livelihoods field strategies and vision and in evaluating all existing and potential programs for their compliance to this strategy and vision. Also work to identify and develop new programs to better fulfill field objectives.
* Develop plans and proposals for new food security and livelihoods programs.
* All other duties deemed necessary by the Senior Programs Manager.
* Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
* Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
* Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
* Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or a minimum of 2 to 5 years’ related international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* One year of college-level biblical studies preferred.
* Ability to travel to field sites to monitor projects.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills.
* Above average communication skills - both verbal and written.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
* Works well in a diverse team and a pressured environment; flexible and adaptable.
* Spiritual maturity; Ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goal of sharing the gospel.
* Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
* Strong relational skills.
* Fluent spoken and written English and French required.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is able to accommodate a family.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7017-3