Food Security & Livelihoods Program Coordinator
Would you like the opportunity to serve the people of South Sudan and provide life-saving food security and livelihoods practices, but more importantly, life-saving spiritual food through the gospel of Jesus Christ? Come and be a part of the team by serving in the Food Security and Livelihoods Program Coordinator role.
The Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of all FSL projects in the Northern Bahr el Ghazal region. The projects focus is to assist in training and providing means to improve and secure household food production in coordination with the FSL Program Manager (FSL PM).
Description of Job duties:
- The Food Security Coordinator has the responsibility for the appraisal and capacity building of all the staff of the program of food security.
- Ensure Samaritan Purse Plan Objectives in Food Security are translated into operational plans and budget
- Assist the Program Manager in identifying funding sources and securing resources for the implementation of food security program
- Design projects to meet observed and documented needs in consultation with the FSL Program manager
- Assist in developing proposals, budgets, and log frames
- Oversee activity implementation of all FSL sectors
- Closely monitor execution of project plans and supervise the implementation of all program activities.
- Lead in monitoring the progress of project outputs, ensuring quality delivery on a continual basis
- Working closely with NGO and government counterparts ensuring partnerships are developed with state ministries
- Assist the PM in staff recruitment and develop work plans for all FSL staff
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly internal reports
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture (BSc Agriculture) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and the training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working overseas, particularly in Africa or South Sudan.
- Experience in Food security and Livelihood programing preferably in an INGO
- Analytical and report writing skills
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Committed to the SP values and ethics
- Possesses strong cross cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
- Willingness to stay in the field for extended periods.
24-month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
This position will often require travel to parts of the country with communicable diseases, hot and humid conditions.
International Employee Benefits:
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8301