Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Are you an experienced and creative technical writer with financial analysis and planning skills with a passion for people? Join us as the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at Samaritan’s Purse in South Sudan! The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager will report to the Director of Finance/Finance Manager and coordinate closely with the projects support team for the SP South Sudan office. He/She will maintain accountability of all financial compliance issues related to donor funded projects.
For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Maintain detailed records for all financial/grant funded reports in an organized and professional manner.
- Ensure grant documents and required reports, agreements, asset lists, etc. are filed and kept for audit purposes
- Review and ensure accuracy of financial transactions for SP grant-funded field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, Cash payments, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with different donors’ procurement rules and regulations
- Maintain close and cooperative working relationships with fellow projects staff and the Finance Manager.
- Provide support to Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas as required, including budget development for external grants being applied for.
- Keep accurate records of wire transfers from and for donors and identify the expenses and time frame of the awards that the payment is reimbursing.
- Compile monthly executive summary reports and grants tracking sheets that include the outstanding balances that are due to SP from external donors as well as projections of when the payments from external donors will be made.
- Support the GM with donor representation particularly with the UN cluster coordination, or other relevant international donors and national level stakeholder meetings.
- Prepare and submit month-end grant compliance reports to SP South Sudan country leadership regarding country-wide grant funded operations in a timely fashion.
- Follow all procedures provided by Senior Grants Manager and Director of Finance/Finance Manager.
- Facilitate external audits with the Finance manager.
- Work closely with the Program Development department and donors.
- Travel to the field on a regular basis to provide additional financial support to program managers managing externally funded programs.
- Ensure staff managing externally funded programs are trained to implement the program according to the donor agreement.
- With the GM, organize monthly management review meetings for Program Managers/Area Coordinators to ensure strong financial management and that all expenditures are according to grantor guidelines, including budget line item overages.
- With the GM, organize grant opening and closing meetings with the Program Managers
- Ensure that partnership and sub-grant related administrative processes and procedures are standardized and consistently implemented throughout the program, including pre-award compliance checks, agreements, disbursements and reporting
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year College or university; or three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Experience working for INGO’s, preferably in Africa.
- 3 years’ experience in grants/contracts management.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of donor requirements especially (USAID, OFDA, CIDA, UNHCR, WFP, CHF, etc.)
- Proven understanding of financial reports and budgeting preferred.
- Good quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8106-1