Event Logistics Manager, Donor Ministries
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse (SP) has an opening for a Events Logistics Manager in our Donor Ministries Department.
This position oversees the planning and logistical aspects of Donor Ministries (DM) events. Primary responsibilities include event direction, guest list management, site selection, on-site execution including coordinating of team assignments and individual roles, coordination and relationship building between multiple ministry areas within DM and SP, contract negotiations and approvals, and timeline development and management. Also includes on-site management and production of quality events, such as Ministry Updates, Coordination Meetings, Regional Donor Events, speaker requests and other small scale events.
- Execute large-scale events through proper planning/managing details to ensure the vision and goals of SP/DM are clearly communicated and experienced. Facilitate event logistics to ensure the success of high-end events, ranging in size from 20 to 300 guests.
- Coordinate the details of event planning to allow leadership to stay focused on other critical areas of ministry. Streamline event planning processes to minimize (support staff) stress, while maintaining excellent quality production and guaranteeing that the vision and goals of SP/DM are clearly communicated.
- Keep track of each event’s budget with a goal of negotiating with vendors to maximize ministry funds and maintain stewardship.
- Work closely with leadership to organize DM staff members responsible for the event, ensuring they understand the vision, goals, and objectives as well as provide economical setting solutions to execute. Attend and lead event planning meetings to insure that all logistics and operational details are considered.
- Manage guest list and RSVPs for events which includes: 1) Initiation and facilitation of invitation process including production requests through Communications Department and DM Service Team. 2) Content submission. 3) Coordination and management of RSVP procedure, guest list organization, tracking and regular updates to leadership. 4) Preparing and distribution of all lists and reports relating to the guest list.
- Secure venues based on meeting, conference or events program needs. Includes domestic travel - up to, but may exceed, 50 nights - to research prospective venue location options, with consideration to attendance projections and budget implications. Focus on relationship-building with vendors and industry contacts, and contract negotiations.
- Support the programmatic needs of events including registration, set-up and tear-down, accommodations, food and beverage, audio visual, security, resources (non-teaching), and others materials necessary for a successful event.
- Oversee pre- and post-event logistics, such as regular meetings and communication of event details, shipping and receiving; support program presenters and performers with their program preparation and on-site needs.
- Provide leadership at events to ensure proper execution of planned details. Oversee volunteer or ministry staff to implement event registration, answer event-specific questions, process payments (conference fees), etc.
- Build relationships with DM staff and other SP departments through thoughtful and professional communication and regular interaction.
- Evaluate each event based upon feedback from DM management team and attendees.
Coordinate with Donor Ministries Leadership to delegate event responsibilities. Oversee volunteer or ministry staff to implement event planning, registration, answer event-specific questions, process payments (conference fees), etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university plus five (5) to seven (7) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full Benefits Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick/personal leave
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8272-1