Emergency Health and Nutrition Program Manager
Nutrition programming is an important part of Samaritan’s Purse operations in South Sudan. Serving the nutritional needs of the refugees and internally displaced persons opens up the door for the gospel, which provides true healing through the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. As it says in Isaiah 53:5 "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed." Have a career with impact, serve here.
The successful Emergency Health and Nutrition Program Manager candidate will responsible for overseeing, managing, and ensuring the success of all nutrition and health projects in the program area
Description of Job duties:
- Ensure the daily field-level execution of Nutrition and Health programs against all set objectives and targets within the agreed budgets and time-frames.
- Oversee distribution of International Emergency Health Kits (IEHKs) and medications to pre-identified clinics.
- Oversee distribution of Ready-To-Use Therapeutic Food (RUTF) to pre-identified clinics.
- Work with local health capacity to train on use, storage, and disposal of all medication and RUTF provided.
- Follow up with individual clinics to ensure proper utilization of IEHKs
- Improvement and development of appropriate messaging and education to community leaders on proper use of RUTF and advice food distribution teams on best methods to disseminate the developed messages.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the progress of nutrition and health programs
- Maintain adequate supply chains for Nutrition/Health supplies
- Advise on nutrition proposals and project budgets, monitor effectiveness and financial expenditures, and evaluate ongoing and new activities
- Conduct field assessments, identifying potential needs, designing and implementing response plans
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Nursing Degree and qualifications from an accredited school of nursing as well as a valid license to practice as a registered nurse
- 2-3 years nursing experience preferably pediatric and/or emergency medicine
- 1-2 years previous international public health experience, preferably in nutrition programming
- Management and capacity building experience of national staff in INGO programming
- Ability to work in austere conditions with few amenities or resources
- Willingness to travel in and out of field.
- Practical, quick, reasoning skills; must be able to keep communication lines open with all parties in program of scheduling changes.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal and written oral communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly.
- Arabic language a strong asset
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
This position will often require travel to parts of the country with communicable diseases, hot and humid conditions.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8042